It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Good day,

i am posting this so maybe i can save someone the pain i experienced with this bug.
I am talking about the well-known dialogue loading glitch, where a loading icon appears and/or the screen goes blurry between each sentence. I nearly had a heart attack or two trying to fix it. I read several posts on reddit and other platforms about it, but none of the solutions worked for me.

I am only using five mods:

- Indestructible items
- No fall damage
- Disable storybook videos
- Nitpickers patch
- The Witcher 3 HD reworked project ultimate

Had an entire playthrough with this combination without any problems.

My stupid "fix":
I reloaded an old savegame and the bug magically disappeared. But then later, it reappeared.

After some really dumb trial and error, the problem turned out to be:

Skellige Gambeson (!!!). The one with the white and blue squares.
Took it off - bug disappeared. Pulled it on - bug reappeared again. No words for this.

So maybe, if you're experiencing this bug, it is this gambeson. Or just any strangely colored piece of armor.
Hope this will help somebody.

Regards.
Post edited November 28, 2022 by Dr._Giesebrecht
Dr._Giesebrecht: So maybe, if you're experiencing this bug, it is this gambeson. Or just any strangely colored piece of armor.
Hope this will help somebody.

Regards.
It's not just the gambeson. Any mod that modifies textures or meshes can trigger it. I bet you that if you briefly removed HD mod (and nitpickers patch, if it modifies textures) that it would fix the "bug".

If you monitor your GPU core and VRAM activity, you will see it spiking, dropping to zero and quickly resuming to normal every time the dialogue/blurry screen happens. Basically game engine shits itself instantly, dumps memory and reloads it.