It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Since updating to Ubuntu 18.04, I've been unable to run The Witcher 2 until today. Attempting to launch the game from a terminal yielded a libdbus error and a core dump upon clicking play in the launcher.

I managed to get it to run successfully today by copying libdbus-1.so.3 from the Steam runtime at ~/.steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/pinned_libs_32/ to ~/GOG Games/The Witcher 2 Assassins Of Kings Enhanced Edition/game/

I assume the new version of this library has broken compatibility. I've opened a ticket with support so we can hopefully have a solution that doesn't require installing Steam, but I thought I'd post this workaround in case anyone comes here looking for a solution to this issue in the interim.
Kaaedus: Since updating to Ubuntu 18.04, I've been unable to run The Witcher 2 until today. Attempting to launch the game from a terminal yielded a libdbus error and a core dump upon clicking play in the launcher.

I managed to get it to run successfully today by copying libdbus-1.so.3 from the Steam runtime at ~/.steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/pinned_libs_32/ to ~/GOG Games/The Witcher 2 Assassins Of Kings Enhanced Edition/game/

I assume the new version of this library has broken compatibility. I've opened a ticket with support so we can hopefully have a solution that doesn't require installing Steam, but I thought I'd post this workaround in case anyone comes here looking for a solution to this issue in the interim.
I had the exact same problem. I ended up using Lutris to run the game (which includes the Steam runtime behind the scenes). It would be great if the problem could be fixed, especially considering that 18.04 is an LTS release and the witcher 2 is supposed to officially support it.
Kaaedus: (...)
rstrube: (...)
Hello,

We have updated our Linux installer for The Witcher 2 for improved compatiblity with Ubuntu 18.04 by packaging legacy version of libdbus along with the game. It should eliminate this issue for our users :)