It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Being a game programmer, I can tell you that ATI drivers sucks. If you are a hardcore gamer you should buy only nvidia cards.
Post edited May 17, 2011 by Seryu
greenfish: Do NOT guess... use fraps or something similar to document what fps you're getting.

I'm on the lowest settings possible and i'm having horrendous performance.

np8662
nvidia 260GTXm 1GB
q9200 3GHz
4GB ram
ss2man44: Why is it so important that he doesn't guess? I mean, as long as he considers it smooth, why bother? It would matter if he were benchmarking, but that doesn't seem to be his intention.
Yeah I'm not trying to benchmark I'm just relaying my experience with the hardware I'm using. I'm pretty impressed with my HD 6850, it being more mid-high range than anything else but offers pretty good performance for a cheaper(ish) card.
this game is the new crysis test for gpus....

hardy uses my cpu
Post edited May 17, 2011 by cloud8521
Synboi: I spend a very significant amount of money on my rig, and I do expect it to play everything on max settings for the amount of money i've put into it. It has a wide variety of super high end components and I use a 120 hz 3D monitor to utilise the additional FPS (feels significantly smoother). It won't ruin the game for me, but I will wait till I can utilise my gaming investments.
I'm not one of the game devs, but I suspect that, like the original Crysis, there's a certain amount of "future proofing" going into the highest end setting where nothing can run the game at full settings currently, but in two years when the "Platinum Special Diamond Collector's Game of the Year Complete Director's Cut Extravaganza" edition comes out it will still be able to max out new machines and look gorgeous then.
VAMET: I wonder what does it mean recommended settings?
All games say this AND its certainly NOT highest details AA etc. probably middle ground!!

We ALWAYS think we're the special ones and our rig is the best...but lets get real!! Normal means middle ground like your difficulty settings. Add or subtract from this!!
Synboi: I spend a very significant amount of money on my rig, and I do expect it to play everything on max settings for the amount of money i've put into it. It has a wide variety of super high end components and I use a 120 hz 3D monitor to utilise the additional FPS (feels significantly smoother). It won't ruin the game for me, but I will wait till I can utilise my gaming investments.
TheEnigmaticT: I'm not one of the game devs, but I suspect that, like the original Crysis, there's a certain amount of "future proofing" going into the highest end setting where nothing can run the game at full settings currently, but in two years when the "Platinum Special Diamond Collector's Game of the Year Complete Director's Cut Extravaganza" edition comes out it will still be able to max out new machines and look gorgeous then.
No I realise that, but my computer can play Crysis 1 with the additional lifesis mod with absolutely everything on max and I can get 50 fps average at 1920x1080. Crysis 2 was getting around 100-120 fps average. A rig of my calibre should be able to get at least 40-60 fps on ultra with the uber settings off and at least 30 FPS with uber on as it isn't that much superior graphically compared to Crysis/Crysis Warhead and Crysis 2. However I think this is down to the ATI drivers as they usually suck ass, I just wish game devs would spend a little more time to get the scaling right for crossfire as I think that's what is affecting my performance the most (It is a dual GPU card)

Edit: I will be getting two GTX 690s (quad SLI woot!!!) next year so hopefully I won't have to deal with this annoyance any more after that, as it seems devs prefer to use Nividia as their test hardware.
Post edited May 17, 2011 by Synboi
I have a i7 2600k in a Asus Maximus IV with 2 580GTX's and I am running Ultra settings and
distance at far and my lowest fps drops to 25 but mostly stays at 45-60 i also have 2133mhz 16gb ram