It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all and sorry to boring you with this issue but standard procedures, in some posts of this forum, no solve my problems.

I've a Dell Precision M6500 with:
- i7 q820
- 4GB RAM
- Radeon FirePro M7820 (same architecure as ATI Radeon Mobility 5870)
- Windows 7 32 bit.

I'm Running game with these rendering specs:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Engine]
CustomRenderingSettings=0
PerformancePlatform=1

[Rendering]
AllowAntialias=0
AllowBloom=0
AllowBlur=0
AllowCutsceneDOF=0
AllowDOF=0
AllowDecals=1.0
AllowMotionBlur=0
AllowRain=1
AllowSSAO=0
AllowScatterDOF=0
AllowShafts=1
AllowSharpen=1
AllowVignette=1
AtlasTextureDownscale=0
DanglesLimiter=0
DetailTextureDownscale=0
Fullscreen=1
MaxAtlasTextureSize=2048
MaxCubeShadowCount=1
MaxCubeShadowSize=256
MaxSpotShadowCount=3
MaxSpotShadowSize=512
MaxTextureSize=2048
MeshDistanceScale=0.5
ShadowQuality=0
ShadowedLights=0
TextureDownscale=0
TextureMemoryBudget=400
UberSampling=0
VSync=0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few minutes in game, really low time and especially in light part of floatsam forest, FPS go down from 30-40 to 3-10.

My video card is not too bad and using no-one of tricks in other sticky post is useful for this situation, except using same resolution of desktop (1920x1200). Before using this trick FPS was always under 10. I've trying to adjust both display and game resolution to 1280x800 but issue is not solved and FPS do not have sensible increase.

Can anyone help me ? I'm not really happy to have spent some money and cannot play... :(
Obliviously I've upgrade my driver to last version using both M5xxx series driver and FirePro driver. Issues remaing.

Thanks a lot, Ebolo.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
These professional GPUs have firmware and drivers that are different from the consumer products. They usually don't get game-oriented fixes, and there were a number of fixes for TW2.

This game is kind of a worst case for mobile GPUs, because it drives the GPU very hard and may cause it to run hot. A sharp drop in framerate some time after the game starts at least suggests that the GPU or CPU went into thermal limiting.
ebolo: Hi all and sorry to boring you with this issue but standard procedures, in some posts of this forum, no solve my problems.

I've a Dell Precision M6500 with:
- i7 q820
- 4GB RAM
- Radeon FirePro M7820 (same architecure as ATI Radeon Mobility 5870)
- Windows 7 32 bit.
Hi Ebolo,

Quick update on the GPU hardware you are using, FirePro M7820 uses a similar graphics core as desktop version of HD 5750 GPU (or a HD 6750 GPU). So the performance of game more or less equal of how the game would run on either HD 5750/6750 desktop GPU.

I have a suggestion try and check if you get a better experience with the exact following steps (its more or less the same thing you have tried)

1. Set graphics to Ultra
2. Disable Vsync
3. Disable Uber Sampling
4. Disable DOF
5. Disable Scatter DOF
6. Disable Cutscene DOF
7.Change the resolution of the game to 1440x900 pixels

If the above doesn't help, set the overall graphics present 'Low' and play the game in 1440x900 pixels.

You might also want to check by setting resolution to 1680x1050 and play the game in Window Mode.

- - - - -

This is for reference, (benchmark on a older version of the game)

1920x1200 Benchmark
http://www.techspot.com/review/405-the-witcher-2-performance/page5.html

The performance of HD 6750(similar to your GPU) at 1920x1200 is very low, so using the 'Ultra' or 'Max' options in the graphics without changing any more parameters will give very slow performance. So Check the above settings I posted, if it doesn't help you will either have to use the settings provided by Tech/FAQ or some here will need to help you out.

-Edited-
Post edited August 22, 2011 by Anarki_Hunter
With the configuration attached, lowest possible, I've 15 FPS in combat, frustranting FPS as player.
30 in normal activities.

I'm not sure is normal for performance with my video card.
Really appreciate your help, Ebolo.
Attachments:
Are you using the video chip driver from AMD or from Dell?

Dell's drivers are almost always old, it's usually better to use the manufacturer's drivers.

Your model may be unique, but I do know AMD does drivers for the FirePro series and it's worth checking.
The comparable desktop GPU is the HD 5770, so the game should be quite playable on medium and high settings. 15 FPS in combat on low settings does indicate something is wrong.

Kleetus's question is very much to the point: where are you getting your drivers? Dell's drivers will be horribly out of date. You'd need to try at least the 11.7 driver for M5850 direct from AMD.

Others have had trouble with poor frame rate on the Core i7 Q820M, which is admittedly a quad core but runs at just 1.73 GHz. Some have tried forcing CPU affinity: after you start the game, go into Task Manager and turn off half the cores. The remaining cores should go into "turbo boost" at 2.8 GHz. Sometimes this has worked (but it doesn't always).
Really appreciate your help.
Driver I applied are 11.8 release for 5xxx series (get from AMD site).
I'm going to try the CPU tricks.

CPU tricks, affinity on 2 processors reduce FPS to 6-7.
Really a bad choice for me to buy this game instead ask to some friends to share a copy with me. Too much trust in gog.
Post edited August 23, 2011 by ebolo