It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like:Chrome,Firefox,Internet Explorer orOpera

×
arrow-down2arrowcart2close4fat-arrow-leftfat-arrow-rightfeedbackfriends2happy-facelogo-gognotificationnotifications-emptyownedremove-menusad-facesearch2wishlist-menuwishlisted2own_thingsheartstartick
Whenever I open the installer and select a language it says "The file could not be located in the installers folder. Please make sure that the file is in the correct folder, or specify its location". The installer and .bin files are all in the same folder, and I tried telling the installer where the files are but the error still comes up. Is there any way to fix this?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
avatar
1LeM: Whenever I open the installer and select a language it says "The file could not be located in the installers folder. Please make sure that the file is in the correct folder, or specify its location". The installer and .bin files are all in the same folder, and I tried telling the installer where the files are but the error still comes up. Is there any way to fix this?
Similar Problem
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_file_could_not_be_located_in_the_installers_folder

Have you used GoG downloader or Galaxy?
The files could be corrupted. If the persists even though you re-download the game then ask the GoG Support.

P.S
https://www.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/installation

gogwitcher300
Post edited October 13, 2017 by gogwitcher300
avatar
1LeM: The installer and .bin files are all in the same folder, and I tried telling the installer where the files are but the error still comes up. Is there any way to fix this?
They all have the following exact names and MD5 hashes?
MD5 (setup_the_witcher_enhanced_edition_1.5_(a)_(10712).exe) = 2440cfb5fb4890ff4b9bc4b88b434d38
MD5 (setup_the_witcher_enhanced_edition_1.5_(a)_(10712)-1.bin) = e530a1a2e86094740b45a14f63260804
MD5 (setup_the_witcher_enhanced_edition_1.5_(a)_(10712)-2.bin) = fb3a478bcb6e4702e1e8d392cb55391d
MD5 (setup_the_witcher_enhanced_edition_1.5_(a)_(10712)-3.bin) = 2df8369af401815a736f5d88f85fbf8d
Post edited October 15, 2017 by Gydion
Forum decided to eat my earlier edit. Those are the correct hashes and names for the current classic installers (under More).
I did this and am still having a issue. not really sure whats going wrong.
what I do know is there was a file type issue with the installer because of the . in 1.5 that made the computer think it wasn't a exe.

renaming it like gydions post fixed enough to let me start having this problem
Attachments:
capture.jpg (33 Kb)