It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello everyone ;D my dad loves TWD so it will be cool he plays this game in his native language but, as the topic says, the game(s) can only be played with english subtitles for now, I cant enable subtitles in foreign languages (AKA: other than english) like deutsch, español, français, italiano even when the store page says its/are a multilingual game(s)

http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=29875660000.jpg

I thought it was my fault or my downloaded file, or maybe I missed the button where my desired language was... but nope, I checked and everything is fine with that

So, the real question is: It will be an official patch in the days to come? ...Soon? ...Sooner if its posible? Please GOG Team answer us :D

Greetings from México

EDIT #1

TWD S02 shows in spanish for me :D Maybe you guys who use another foreign language can tell the community if localized language its working for you, at least spanish its checked

http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=8015875TWD_S02_espa_ol.jpg
Attachments:
Post edited June 14, 2015 by ZeroZombieKiller
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
ZeroZombieKiller: Hello everyone ;D my dad loves TWD so it will be cool he plays this game in his native language but, as the topic says, the game(s) can only be played with english subtitles for now, I cant enable subtitles in foreign languages (AKA: other than english) like deutsch, español, français, italiano even when the store page says its/are a multilingual game(s)

http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=29875660000.jpg

I thought it was my fault or my downloaded file, or maybe I missed the button where my desired language was... but nope, I checked and everything is fine with that

So, the real question is: It will be an official patch in the days to come? ...Soon? ...Sooner if its posible? Please GOG Team answer us :D

Greetings from México

EDIT #1

TWD S02 shows in spanish for me :D Maybe you guys who use another foreign language can tell the community if localized language its working for you, at least spanish its checked

http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=8015875TWD_S02_espa_ol.jpg
After trying a lot I can tell you for sure that at this moment you can only play TWD on GOG in English. You can use a non official NoCD patch at your own risk but using the official version the executable does not read the required registry entrys even though the game itself supports multiple languages. I persume that this is a mistake from GOG which will be corrected as soon as they find the time.
+1000.
Is there a chance to be multi language support as other gamer platform and as the screenshot provide?
And if there is, what we need to do?:(
MarkoH01: After trying a lot I can tell you for sure that at this moment you can only play TWD on GOG in English. You can use a non official NoCD patch at your own risk but using the official version the executable does not read the required registry entrys even though the game itself supports multiple languages. I persume that this is a mistake from GOG which will be corrected as soon as they find the time.
Inside the matrix there is always a way MarkoH01 ;D

Trying to find a solution for all non-native english speakers, I find lots of fan translations, but (even if we could appreciate they effort) most of all are

·)-Low-quality
·)-Very regional/using argot words
·)-Needing an exact version TWD S01

So, this people didnt share which method they used, just shared the translation ¬_¬* but maybe I find a clue, I find a program that allows to read and extract those subtitle files (among another kind of stuff but we are talking about foreign subtitles here)

Its the Telltale Explorer, but the thing I dont know yet is how to inject/recompile the translated text into a ttarch file, so, if anyone finds how-to/already knows, please share the knowledge; if I find how to I'll do share it ;D

http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=6676182Reading_and_editing_languages.jpg
Malota: +1000 Is there a chance to be multi language support as other gamer platform and as the screenshot provide? And if there is, what we need to do?:(
Or we just wait until GOG Team/Telltale release a language patch for TWD S01 :|
Attachments:
Post edited June 16, 2015 by ZeroZombieKiller
Thanks for the reply!
ZeroZombieKiller: Or we just wait until GOG Team/Telltale release a language patch for TWD S01 :|
This is a showstopper for me:/
If there will be no relevant reply from the GoG team, I think I will try this refund policy.
Every other version has multi language support and GoG version has not:(((
Post edited June 16, 2015 by Malota
Can GOG please respond to this. Where is the foreign language support?
dupahh: Can GOG please respond to this. Where is the foreign language support?
I have already contact with them via mail about the multi level support at the new TellTale games (Walking Dead series and Wolf Among Us), no response yet taken from them side:(

Too bad, because I only want to use refund policy if there is no other option (no chance for multi languages)
Post edited June 18, 2015 by Malota
Season 1 was english (guess it took the language from the gog installer language dropdown).
Season 2 was german (setup_walking_dead_season_2_2.0.0.1.exe). I fixed it by "Region and Language"->"Administrative"->"Change system locale.." ("Current language for non-Unicode programs"), set to "English (United States)", then reboot Windows.