It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ever since the release of the Linux version I've had a feeling that it looks blurry compared to the Windows version when ran under wine (which looks crisp and clear). Today I accidentally stumbled upon SC's log file ~/.config/unity3d/ActiveGamingMedia/TheSilverCase/Player.log and found out that the game is probably rendered at 1366 x 768 which gets upscaled to my desktop resolution of 1920 x 1080. Excerpt from the log file:
Default vsync count 1
requesting resize 1920 x 1080
Using native desktop resolution 1920 x 1080
requesting fullscreen 1920 x 1080 at 0 Hz
Desktop is 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Using libudev for joystick management

Importing game controller configs
UnloadTime: 1.061000 ms
Changing real window size to 1914 x 1014
Changing real window size to 1914 x 1014
Changing real window size to 1920 x 1080
Setting up 1 worker threads for Enlighten.
Thread -> id: d802db40 -> priority: 1
requesting resize 1366 x 768
requesting fullscreen 1366 x 768 at 0 Hz
Desktop is 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
UnloadTime: 3.261000 ms

Also the ~/.config/unity3d/ActiveGamingMedia/TheSilverCase/prefs file has the following lines:
<pref name="Screenmanager Resolution Height" type="int">768</pref>
<pref name="Screenmanager Resolution Width" type="int">1366</pref>
(even if I choose higher resolution). The actual ingame screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 (took a screenshot to confirm that) - upscaling from 1366 x 768 to 1920 x 1080 would definitely cause blurriness.

Anybody else encountered blurriness with the Linux version? (check out the save/load screen - some chapter names at the bottom are barely legible for me)
For reference, my system is an outdated Mint 17.3 (based on Ubuntu 14.04). Not asking to fix anything so not posting any other specs (and moving to LMDE sometime soon anyway), just trying to find out if it's an issue with my system, a game bug or even the intended behaviour.
Post edited March 10, 2018 by toxa_7
Looks like a dead thread, but I'm experiencing the exact same issue on gentoo. The linux build seems to support higher resolutions, as I was able to run it windowed with higher resolutions The were actually too high, like randomly too high, so that wasn't any sort of workaround unfortunately. Maybe there's some way to surpress the resolution change request.
I've successfully disassembled the game to find the code responsible for handling resolution changes, It's made in Unity using C# with no obfuscation, so the whole thing is almost like open-source. Can't say whether the source of the problem lies within that code. I assume it's the same code that works on windows, but maybe it relays on some assumptions regarding fetching resolutions which don't hold for linux systems.

There's a bit shady piece of code that trims the array of fetched resolutions if there are more than 6 entries to exclude the lowest resolutions.
xrandr gives me much more entries for my screen, so I assume there are indeed more than 6 entries fetched by Unity.
The game changes the resolution by taking a value of property set in the settings and using it to index the untrimmed array. If the values always start from 0, the game will choose a resolution lower than the one selected from the menu. This is matches with my observations.
I haven't found yet how the values are being set tho.

Also if that's the case, this should be a problem in Windows too, if it uses the same code.

However I'm currently unable to neither debug the code or apply any changes made to it, due to pretty much non-existent IL debugging support for Linux and the fact that ilasm assembler mysteriously fails to assemble the IL I got with monodis giving me a syntax error with no explanation in a place that makes absolutely no sense at all. I think that might be a problem with mono's ilasm.

Maybe it's possible to assemble this file using a .NET toolchain. I'll try it later.
Post edited June 11, 2020 by mohrcore
Ok, this whole reverse-engineering operation proved to be completely unnecessary (altough quite fun tbh). I was able to force the window to fake fullscreen mode. I mention I've tried to do it before, but in KDE you can either "Configure Special Window Settings" or "Configure Special Application Settings" and going with the latter doesn't work, but the former does. I don't know how this relates to other window managers, but I guess there are ways to force some window behaviour. Using the KDE settings (press alt+f3 to open context menu) you can force window resolution and make it fullscreen.
The in-game resolution adjusts just fine.

I doubt the original poster will find this to be particalarly useful 2 years after reporting his struggle, but maybe someone else will.
Post edited June 11, 2020 by mohrcore