It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It has been my experience that the game plays fine before the patch is applied. But after the patch, it is no longer able to start. I only get an error screen. I have tried right clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator" on the patch to no avail. I have "Run as Administrator" on the desktop link as well as the directly on the "misstake.exe" file itself. I have checked the path, it is correct....
Re-downloaded the patch both from the web link and using GOG downloader and tried it all again.
Still always the same error.

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item"
End Quote

* See the bitmap file I provided below.
* Note * I am doing all of this logged in as an administrator on the computer already.

The only way I can fix it is to RE-INSTALL the whole game, thus returning it back to the 1.2.1 (aka 2.2.0.3) version.

DO NOT INSTALL THE PATCH UPDATE 1.2.3
IF YOU GET AN ERROR LIKE WHAT IS SEEN BELOW, PLEASE RE-INSTALL YOUR GAME FROM THE ORIGINAL INSTALLER.
YOUR GAME SHOULD RUN NORMALLY AS IT DID BEFORE.
Attachments:
Post edited March 16, 2018 by kreestapha
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply