It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dreamfall was released before Xbox360 release so it only suuports DirectInput compatible gamepads.
Xbox360 controller uses Xinput instead of the legacy DirectInput. It can work in DI mode, but then both analog triggers are reported as an axis (i.e. stick) and both the triggers and the right stick do not work.
This is the case in Dreamfall - when I try to play, I can walk around with left stick but camera control in the right stick does not work.
Similar thing happens in Fahrenheit, which is also a pre-xbxo360 game.

Is there any way to emulate the proper DirectInput behavior (triggers as buttons, not a stick, etc).
My research led me to XBCD but it seems that it is not compatible with wireless gamepad:
http://vba-m.com/forum/Thread-xbcd-0-2-7-release-info-updates-will-be-posted-here
Do I understand you correctly that you use a wireless controller and it doesn't emulate your commands in Dreamfall adequately?

I use official wired Xbox controller and works good. I just had to remap buttons in game's settings ("Pad") where it shows what button I'm changing. I use this driver. I guess it probably isn't what you meant but someone else might find it handy.

Maybe people in this thread can help you: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/pc_gamepads_xinput_vs_directinput
Post edited February 23, 2013 by Mivas
My standard answer when I run into these issues is xpadder/joy2key to map the controller properly and tell the game to use keyboard controls. Sometimes it feels like killing a fly with an uzi when the standard controls are almost there, but it usually does the job.
Strange. I just recently beat the entire game with an Xbox 360 controller having the possibility of using all of the buttons, triggers, and sticks with the exception of the home button. Also, Dreamfall came out on the 360 later though I am not sure how that effects the gog release. Are you using a third party hub for your wireless controller? They can be a real problem once in a while.
Sorry for not replying earlier, I am accustomed to getting email notifications about new replies, and since I did not get any, I did not know there were replies.

I just had a WTF moment - I remember distinctly that the game was not working correctly with 360 controller but after your posts I came back and configured it.

Turns out that the camera works on right stick, the only problem is that the triggers are not detected by the game, so if I map next focus and previous foucs to LB and LB, then I do not have a key to map sneak to.

I will experiment, perhaps I will assign next/prev focus to D-PAD buttons, or I will unassign pause button (it is not essential, as there is a Menu button) and assign sneak to it.

Thanks a lot for your help! :)
Post edited February 27, 2013 by Simplex
Simplex: ...
Let us know how well it went :).

My working configuration is attached. "Tlatko" is a button. LB and LR aren't even used by default config where Prev Focus and Sneak Mode share same button. However it seems to ignore changed Pad configuration after restarting the game even if my configuration is saved in settings :/.
Attachments:
It works for me - I just realized that sneak and focus can be assigned to the same button because prev/next focus work when you are in focus mode (and you can't move) and sneak works when you are not in focus mode.

Pad controls are not lost when I restart. They are stored in the file prefs.dat.

I think I know why I thought that xbox 360 pad was not working - I started the game when the wireless pad was not turned on. I turned it when the game was already running and it was not detected by the game. When I turned on the pad before starting the game, all worked perfectly.
Good to know, I'll test it. I'm glad it worked out for you :).
Simplex: I think I know why I thought that xbox 360 pad was not working - I started the game when the wireless pad was not turned on. I turned it when the game was already running and it was not detected by the game. When I turned on the pad before starting the game, all worked perfectly.
This frustrated me. I like to get comfortable before I play this game. Putting on a blanket with coffee in arm's reach brings a satiated contentment. Realizing I didn't plug in the controller (happening many times due to my inattentiveness), any possibility of comfort is obstructed. Rage.
Post edited February 28, 2013 by stantonyofpadua