It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello, I've recently installed The Bard's Tale on my linux distro again and starting to play it, I noticed that the Bard's player model has a black artifact on it that tears across the screen. The same can be seen on some NPCs.
So far, I've tried messing with the game's graphics settings, bringing them down to low as well as messing around with my GPU settings (some of them anyway) but to no avail.
Has anyone else run into this?

Many thanks!
TexMurphy01: Has anyone else run into this?
I used to have a problem which may be what you're describing. I attached a screenshot in the remastered and resnarkled thread. As mentioned in that thread, supposedly the "remastered and resnarkled" update fixes that, but we're not likely to ever get that here. However, it may have been a bug (or lack of workaround) in Mesa, because my most recent tests show that the black streaks are gone. I am currently using Mesa-21 on amdgpu Raven/Picasso, but I think it started working again around Mesa-19. I don't have the time or desire to test with older versions, though (and besides, I need a version that at least supports Picasso, since I no longer have my Raven hardware).

P.S. Sorry for not noticing your post earlier.
Post edited November 30, 2021 by darktjm
TexMurphy01: Hello, I've recently installed The Bard's Tale on my linux distro ...
I also have the same problem in my game, I couldn't find a solution! I'm on Arch Linux using nvidia.

[url=]https://rumble.com/vrdw4z-the-bards-tale.html[/url]
TexMurphy01: Has anyone else run into this?
darktjm: I used to have a problem which may be what you're describing. I attached a screenshot in the remastered and resnarkled thread. As mentioned in that thread, supposedly the "remastered and resnarkled" update fixes that, but we're not likely to ever get that here. However, it may have been a bug (or lack of workaround) in Mesa, because my most recent tests show that the black streaks are gone. I am currently using Mesa-21 on amdgpu Raven/Picasso, but I think it started working again around Mesa-19. I don't have the time or desire to test with older versions, though (and besides, I need a version that at least supports Picasso, since I no longer have my Raven hardware).

P.S. Sorry for not noticing your post earlier.
Thanks for reaching back out to me! I'll have to take a look around to see what's possible. If I find something out, I'll reply back here.
I've got the same problem.

Also, when I leave Houton for the first time to enter the forest, the game crashes everytime. The tutorial worked without any problems.

The error message is in German:

Speicherzugriffsfehler (Speicherabzug geschrieben)

Anyone got any ideas?
lassen_wir_das: I've got the same problem.

Also, when I leave Houton for the first time to enter the forest, the game crashes everytime. The tutorial worked without any problems.

The error message is in German:

Speicherzugriffsfehler (Speicherabzug geschrieben)

Anyone got any ideas?
The game used to work fine years ago but with the same installation now I have exactly the same problem. After spending hours trying to work it out I ended up buying the game for android to play on my tablet where it works fine. Not much of a solution but I felt nostalgic after watching Robin Hood Men in Tights.