It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When I try to run the downloaded file, it will not open because the character encoding of the downloaded file cannot be recognised. I have downloaded the file 3 times - with the same result.

Also, when downloading the file, it says it is a 3.1GB download but arrives as 3.3GB file.

Is there a problem with the GOG .sh file? Any other ideas? FWIW I do have Tex 2 and 3 running fine on Linux.
This question / problem has been solved by Gydionimage
albadross: When I try to run the downloaded file, it will not open because the character encoding of the downloaded file cannot be recognised. I have downloaded the file 3 times - with the same result.

Also, when downloading the file, it says it is a 3.1GB download but arrives as 3.3GB file.
You are trying to run it and not open it, yes? Just downloaded it; size & hash:
3326344413 gog_tex_murphy_the_pandora_directive_2.1.0.7.sh
MD5 (gog_tex_murphy_the_pandora_directive_2.1.0.7.sh) = c915f5675dcc73be4cbba421a775d65d
Post edited July 15, 2016 by Gydion
albadross: You are trying to run it and not open it, yes? Just downloaded it; size & hash:

3326344413 gog_tex_murphy_the_pandora_directive_2.1.0.7.sh
MD5 (gog_tex_murphy_the_pandora_directive_2.1.0.7.sh) = c915f5675dcc73be4cbba421a775d65d
albadross:
Many thanks for your reply. My MD5 was fine but re-reading your reply made me realise I had forgotten to change the permissions to execute the file as a program. I'm on my way now.