It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

As the topic says. I haven't tested it yet (aside Tex's Office). However, I would like to see the CD version available as an extra, just for cases like "DVD version is more unstable".
JamesBond007: As the topic says. I haven't tested it yet (aside Tex's Office). However, I would like to see the CD version available as an extra, just for cases like "DVD version is more unstable".
this is the cd version not the dvd version, gog are just updating the installer on all their games
Post edited December 03, 2013 by plumgas
plumgas: this is the cd version not the dvd version, gog are just updating the installer on all their games
Really? I disagree. After looking into the options, I've got this screen (picture attached). In previous version, 5 CDs were mentioned instead of DVD. Also, the cutscenes are more fluid after the update.
Attachments:
plumgas: this is the cd version not the dvd version, gog are just updating the installer on all their games
JamesBond007: Really? I disagree. After looking into the options, I've got this screen (picture attached). In previous version, 5 CDs were mentioned instead of DVD. Also, the cutscenes are more fluid after the update.
well there was a guy that posted at big finish that he developed a patch for the dvd version but gog had declined it as it still had a few bugs, he was trying to iron them out. I will download tonight to check it out.
funny thing is I thought gog would make a big deal about as they couldn't get it going before.

just downlaoded, yep the dvd version using zing decoder, looks great.
Post edited December 04, 2013 by plumgas
JamesBond007: Really? I disagree. After looking into the options, I've got this screen (picture attached). In previous version, 5 CDs were mentioned instead of DVD. Also, the cutscenes are more fluid after the update.
plumgas: well there was a guy that posted at big finish that he developed a patch for the dvd version but gog had declined it as it still had a few bugs, he was trying to iron them out. I will download tonight to check it out.
funny thing is I thought gog would make a big deal about as they couldn't get it going before.

Big finish just posted this on their facebook page, though I don't see and update on my games list yet...
plumgas: well there was a guy that posted at big finish that he developed a patch for the dvd version but gog had declined it as it still had a few bugs, he was trying to iron them out. I will download tonight to check it out.

rjspring: Big finish just posted this on their facebook page, though I don't see and update on my games list yet...
yes gog doesn't flag it as a new version.
Just watch out with k-lite codec pack it broke the video for me removing it fixed it.
Definitely a new version, clearer video (not completely stable), no interlace. Midi sound works too and full 3D during the game.

Now, we have to find a way to make it works windowed. dxwind does not like it.
Very happy about this.

Despite already owning the boxed version, I got the GOG version of Overseer with the Tesla Effect kickstarter in the hope that this would one day happen. I gave up trying to get the physical DVD version working on Windows 7 last time I played.

I had a quick go and it works perfectly and looks great! Well done, GOG
So glad the DVD video seems to be implemented.
Can't wait to dig into this.
Thank you GOG for your ongoing support and tweaking of the classics.