It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello, users of the internet. My plight is simple, whenever I attempt to run Terraria under Paul the Tall's Wineskin wrapper, the game runs at a fourth of fullscreen. However, around the box is a black border around the rest of the screen. This happens almost always, except for some very rare occasions (twice so far), so simply trying it again and again doesn't work. To make matters worse, the bottom o the screen is unusable! this makes the game unplayable, so any suggestions would be appreciated.
I hope someone can help you out but if not at least the official Mac and Linux version is currently slated for a July release.
Try changing your screen resolution to something lower. Alternatively, look at the other thread about changing the game's resolution.
I have had this issue after the 1.3 upgrade, it used to worke fine before. I'm going to just wait until the official Mac version, which should be released at some point this month along with the Linux version. It will be native (at least as native as a C# application can be), so no messing around with Wine anymore.

EDIT: Seems like a bug in the game itself, people on Windows have the same issue. Either download the new patch (1.3.2) or changed to windowed mode and then back to fullscreen. If you cannot change to windowed mode you will have to edit the config file manually. I don't know where Paul's wrapper is storing it though.
Post edited July 02, 2015 by HiPhish
HiPhish: I have had this issue after the 1.3 upgrade, it used to worke fine before. I'm going to just wait until the official Mac version, which should be released at some point this month along with the Linux version. It will be native (at least as native as a C# application can be), so no messing around with Wine anymore.

EDIT: Seems like a bug in the game itself, people on Windows have the same issue. Either download the new patch (1.3.2) or changed to windowed mode and then back to fullscreen. If you cannot change to windowed mode you will have to edit the config file manually. I don't know where Paul's wrapper is storing it though.
Thank you! I have downloaded the new patch however, and have found no change. I am planning on waiting for the mac release, as per your suggestion. However, do you know of any way I can move my save game form the windows version to the OSX?
We will have to wait until the Mac release before we know. As I said, I don't know where the Windows version is storing the savegame and the settings, I'm using my own wrapper. I guess it would be Documents\My Games\Terraria.

There is a file called config.json, you can edit it with any text editor. Setting the line

"WindowMaximized": true,

to

"WindowMaximized": false,

(or the other way around) should toggle fullscreen mode.