It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I installed the game via GOG after purchasing it this evening. I have verified it twice. But, when I click the play button, the game does not launch. I restarted my computer and repeated the process, but no change in outcome occurred.

The play button turns gray momentarily, but then it returns to its previous appearance.

Any tips? Thanks in advance

Edit: This morning I saw that Tank Warfare had gone through a small update (less than 1 MB). I clicked play and it worked. Good for GOG, or the devs, for fixing this so quickly. I wonder if they saw this thread, or if they were getting automatic error reports each time we tried to launch it without success. Thanks for all your responses, regardless. People are so helpful here :)
Post edited February 04, 2021 by Mark_Vorhoff
Mark_Vorhoff: I installed the game via GOG after purchasing it this evening. I have verified it twice. But, when I click the play button, the game does not launch. I restarted my computer and repeated the process, but no change in outcome occurred.

The play button turns gray momentarily, but then it returns to its previous appearance.

Any tips? Thanks in advance
Unfortunately I can only confirm pretty much the same thing: the game doesn't launch.

There appear to be no error messages or logs to find afterwards either - it basically just looks like absolutely nothing happens.

Checking Task Manager while trying to run it, shows the exe launcher/executable appearing for about one second, before it just vanishes without any notifications.

This also occurs when attempting to launch as Admin.

Note that this was all via downloading the offline installers and launching directly initially; for a laugh I launched Galaxy, and of course it "updated" by just downloading the same thing from a different place - and it still behaved in an identical manner.

Hopefully a GOG person sees this, but it's still a good idea to contact support since this is an obvious issue.

EDIT: It does actually create logs after all - they're in the "out" folder.

The only really odd thing appears to be, that the logs state that it's using my integrated graphics - which would make this the first game I've ever owned to ever attempt to use integrated graphics when a superior gfx card is readily available...
Post edited February 03, 2021 by squid830
No luck here either. What the f***????????????

I have tried under Windows 7 as well. No joy.

HELLLLLO GOG!!!!!!
Well, go figure. It launches just fine on my Surface Go.

I am suspecting video card incompatibility issues.......
Go into OUT folder and delete all log files, it should solve the problem (at least it did for me).
Installing version 1.5 solved the issue for me. It starts just fine under wine/linux.
Can confirm that 1.5 (which quietly replaced the non-working 1.6 a short while after our initial posts in this thread) appears to be working perfectly fine.

The only issue now is that even though I downloaded the "offline" installers via the website, for some reason launching the game now starts Galaxy if it's installed (and not already started), which is kind of annoying. Hopefully this doesn't mean Galaxy actually has to be installed for the game to launch (I doubt this would be the case, since then this game's download would be shitting all over GOG's stance against installing crap you didn't ask for just to play something you did ask for)...
Post edited February 05, 2021 by squid830
squid830: Can confirm that 1.5 (which quietly replaced the non-working 1.6 a short while after our initial posts in this thread) appears to be working perfectly fine.

The only issue now is that even though I downloaded the "offline" installers via the website, for some reason launching the game now starts Galaxy if it's installed (and not already started), which is kind of annoying. Hopefully this doesn't mean Galaxy actually has to be installed for the game to launch (I doubt this would be the case, since then this game's download would be shitting all over GOG's stance against installing crap you didn't ask for just to play something you did ask for)...
I've had it do that to my games too. I don\t know what's going on. A few of my fav games I just want on my computer only.
squid830: Can confirm that 1.5 (which quietly replaced the non-working 1.6 a short while after our initial posts in this thread) appears to be working perfectly fine.

thebes: I've had it do that to my games too. I don\t know what's going on. A few of my fav games I just want on my computer only.
I find this to be really disturbing...
thebes: I've had it do that to my games too. I don\t know what's going on. A few of my fav games I just want on my computer only.
RafaelRamus: I find this to be really disturbing...
Huh - this doesn't appear to happen any more, and I haven't updated the game since then, and it's still running fine...

Even stranger, other games were doing it around that time too, not just this one - so I think it may have had something to do with one of the more recent Galaxy releases. There may have been a Galaxy version that, if you had it running in the background (I've stopped Galaxy from auto-starting on startup), would start up fully upon launching any GOG game (even if launched directly from the game directory and not via Galaxy). Either that or some Galaxy-related config was getting set somewhere...