It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

To play Syberia I (and II) in modern monitors at resolution of 1080, you will need:

- Latest version of dgVoodoo2 (http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2/)

Download the zip, open it and extract to game folder the archives (all to Syberia folder, not subfolders):

- dgVoodoo.conf
- dgVoodooCpl.exe
- All contents of MS\x86

After that, we close the zip, open the Syberia folder and execute dgVoodooCpl.exe

Select the options in directx tab like the image (write the resolution manually 1440x1080 for 4/3).

Apply and Ok.
Next time you open the game, minimize gog galaxy and select the second task in the apps bar for full screen 4/3 1080p (it starts "windowed" with two instances)
Attachments:
dgvoodoo.png (57 Kb)
Post edited March 20, 2023 by AlucardSaeba
Latest version... hopefully it is not the last one.
Themken: Latest version... hopefully it is not the last one.
Thank you!
Thank you for this.. Will use it when I replay Syberia 1 and 2.
When I try this with either game, I know that DGVooDoo2 is active due to the logo in lower right corner. Also, Windows 11 no longer complains about the resolution differing from the native desktop resolution of 1920x1080. However, when configured to run full screen, the game appears as a small window locked to the upper left of my desktop, even when I select stretching options involving 4:3 aspect ratio.

If I change the config to run windowed, a window of the same size as above appears also in the upper left. At least in this mode, I can click on the window's "square" (i.e., toggle) icon and the window enlarges to full screen retaining the window border of course.

What am I overlooking to get the game to start fullscrrem, aspect ratio 4:3 centered on my widescreen monitor?
GaryHugo: When I try this with either game, I know that DGVooDoo2 is active due to the logo in lower right corner. Also, Windows 11 no longer complains about the resolution differing from the native desktop resolution of 1920x1080. However, when configured to run full screen, the game appears as a small window locked to the upper left of my desktop, even when I select stretching options involving 4:3 aspect ratio.

If I change the config to run windowed, a window of the same size as above appears also in the upper left. At least in this mode, I can click on the window's "square" (i.e., toggle) icon and the window enlarges to full screen retaining the window border of course.

What am I overlooking to get the game to start fullscrrem, aspect ratio 4:3 centered on my widescreen monitor?
Configure dgvoodoo2 using the image in 1st post for reference, and read the instructions in that post. Beware of the resolution in the image, its 1440x1080 for 4:3.

The game starts with 2 instances in windows bar, and windowed. Use the other instance for full screen (again, refer to 1st post).
Post edited September 27, 2023 by AlucardSaeba