It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello all

I need some specific instruction to configure my xbox 360 controller...

If I set to joystick I can just only move my plane and look around.
Can't fire anything and control throttle.

If I set to FS Pro/Thrustmaster I can fire but throttle...

Id like to controll throttle/rudder anyway.
and Its great if I can lookaround with my right thumb stick

How I can set every each buttons/triggers/sticks to configulation I like?
Do I need special external software to do so?

Any help would be highly appreciated.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
I don't know how to do it ingame, but you can try it with the programs JoyToKey or Xpadder.
Post edited March 26, 2013 by Silverhawk170485
the dosbox.conf file does have quite a few options. I have yet to dig through it all to see what's possible, you'll probably have to use a combination of some joy2key/xpadder program and the dosbox configuration that gives you the best use of the left stick and triggers. I'm having some issues with using the 360 gamepad at all in the game, as the calibration keeps breaking, I'll try digging through the config file and see if I can find out something useful, but hopefully someone else here have more experience with that stuff from other games.
fisk0: the dosbox.conf file does have quite a few options. I have yet to dig through it all to see what's possible, you'll probably have to use a combination of some joy2key/xpadder program and the dosbox configuration that gives you the best use of the left stick and triggers. I'm having some issues with using the 360 gamepad at all in the game, as the calibration keeps breaking, I'll try digging through the config file and see if I can find out something useful, but hopefully someone else here have more experience with that stuff from other games.
Same as you, Ingame cariblation is not woking propely with 360pad. Seems like unnecessary...?
My 360pad is still working good.

I tried Joytokey which Silverhawk170485 suggested.
It could assign almost every functions close to what I want.
now I can lookaround with my right thumb while Im controlling with my left thumb.
Its really nice :)

But few things....

In "Reference Card.pdf", It says "Step up engine power" is "+" and "Step down engine power" is "-".
Is it really working??? + and - mean on the tenkeypad? right?
If I press 'em lots of times my HUD keep stays "MIL4" and I feel thrust or speed of my plane is not changing....
I want to asighn them to left and right trigger of 360pad...

1 to 0 are working. but its impossible to asighn every each 10 of them on my pad.
How can I controll thrust with my pad???
fisk0: the dosbox.conf file does have quite a few options. I have yet to dig through it all to see what's possible, you'll probably have to use a combination of some joy2key/xpadder program and the dosbox configuration that gives you the best use of the left stick and triggers. I'm having some issues with using the 360 gamepad at all in the game, as the calibration keeps breaking, I'll try digging through the config file and see if I can find out something useful, but hopefully someone else here have more experience with that stuff from other games.
Fuutakun: Same as you, Ingame cariblation is not woking propely with 360pad. Seems like unnecessary...?
The thing with 360 game pads is that they can't really center the sticks, modern games know about that and put a 20% dead zone for the stick movement, so it only has to be close the center in order for the game to see it as centered, but older games will see it as if the stick is still moving around. There's probably a way to force DosBox into adding a dead zone to the movement, since that's a known issue. I haven't dug through the config to find out yet.
Fuutakun: Same as you, Ingame cariblation is not woking propely with 360pad. Seems like unnecessary...?
fisk0: The thing with 360 game pads is that they can't really center the sticks, modern games know about that and put a 20% dead zone for the stick movement, so it only has to be close the center in order for the game to see it as centered, but older games will see it as if the stick is still moving around. There's probably a way to force DosBox into adding a dead zone to the movement, since that's a known issue. I haven't dug through the config to find out yet.
here is my setting for dosboxSC.conf

joysticktype=auto
timed=false
autofire=false
swap34=false
buttonwrap=false

For right thumb stick I use it as lookaround, I could set deadzone 30% in Joytokey. Without it its VERY sensitive.
For left, Its working flawlessly without touch anything. I don't know why :)

At least you can set deadzone for both sticks by external software like JoyToKey that probably you want.
fisk0: The thing with 360 game pads is that they can't really center the sticks, modern games know about that and put a 20% dead zone for the stick movement, so it only has to be close the center in order for the game to see it as centered, but older games will see it as if the stick is still moving around. There's probably a way to force DosBox into adding a dead zone to the movement, since that's a known issue. I haven't dug through the config to find out yet.
There is a fix for DOSBox which implements a deadzone setting, sadly it hasn't found it's way into the main release of DOSBox yet. But the developer of the fix has released his own, patched version of DOSBox 0.74. Here is the related thread containing the links. If you know what you are doing you can simply replace the DOSBox that came with Strike Commander with this version. Maybe keep the dosbox.conf GOG made for the game and just add the deadzone line under [joystick].
Post edited April 09, 2013 by Jekhar
Has anyone come up with a definite solution to playing this game with a 360 controller?