It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Being notified of updates to the Windows version does Linux users no good.
I'm wondering, too. Maybe it will be possible to start the game via desktop shortcut again?
We finally got a Linux patch to download - 2.2.3
gryphn67: We finally got a Linux patch to download - 2.2.3
And guess what: launching the game via desktop starter still terminates our user session. Good job GoG, good job...
Same problem here both 2.2.2 and 2.2.3. Ubuntu 18.04.1 - Starting game from launcher crashes the game and kills user login.

Works fine if start.sh run from terminal, but even then does not quit properly.

Also notable: running from desktop link apparently tries to go full screen, even if windowed mode selected; whereas running from terminal correctly starts windowed.
Post edited December 22, 2018 by CPacyga
hmcpretender: And guess what: launching the game via desktop starter still terminates our user session. Good job GoG, good job...
I'm running Mint 18.3 Cinnamon and have no problems launching from the desktop icon.
hmcpretender: And guess what: launching the game via desktop starter still terminates our user session. Good job GoG, good job...
gryphn67: I'm running Mint 18.3 Cinnamon and have no problems launching from the desktop icon.
Yeah Mint 18.3 is a nice and stable version. The issue seems to occur on distros based on ubuntu 18.04 (I'm on Linux Mint 19.1)
Where do you find the patch? On the game page in my Gog library I only see the 2.2.3 download, but no 2.2 to 2.2.3 patch.
Post edited December 23, 2018 by Kenairod
Kenairod: Where do you find the patch? On the game page in my Gog library I only see the 2.2.3 download, but no 2.2 to 2.2.3 patch.
The full version is all that it available to download - GOG apparently doesn't provide patch only updates for some games. I don't know why. Downloading the full game every time it is patched gets really annoying.
Kenairod: Where do you find the patch? On the game page in my Gog library I only see the 2.2.3 download, but no 2.2 to 2.2.3 patch.
gryphn67: The full version is all that it available to download - GOG apparently doesn't provide patch only updates for some games. I don't know why. Downloading the full game every time it is patched gets really annoying.
Oh okay, that's what I feared... x) I guess they just deal with what the game producers give them...