It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

blakstar: Interesting... very interesting... I just tried Crusader Kings II, in Ubuntu BTW, and it ran without giving me access to any DLC in the launcher, but crashed when I exited, just as Stellaris did when I tested it in Antergos -- please note, I performed the Antergos test just to make sure that the Stellaris crash wasn't confined to Ubuntu.

However, when I altered the icon's command line, just as I did in Stellaris, Crusader Kings II ran normally, giving me full access to the DLC in the launcher, and not crashing back to the login screen at any point.

The only minor problem I got was when the game had fully loaded, it sent me back to the desktop, but the game was still running -- I only had to bring the game back into focus by clicking on the taskbar icon.

From what I can tell, and as Kaaedus originally pointed out, it definitely seems to be a Paradox issue. I guess the only remaining thing is to kick it back to GOG support, and let them know.
Interesting indeed. I didn't even think to check which DLC was running during my initial test. That said, my findings were similar. The terminal showed that the CK2 process was trying to find an active Steam process or steamclient.so a couple of times, but this didn't interfere with the game running. I can also confirm that the game has been minimizing after initial loading for the past couple of updates, even when running through Steam, so I'd think that's an unrelated minor bug. As you've said, the game is still running in the background, and clicking the icon in the taskbar brings it back into focus with no ill effects.
Post edited October 09, 2018 by Kaaedus
Kaaedus: Hello all.

Is anyone else having any issues getting the game past the launcher on Ubuntu 18.04? It plays fine when running directly from a terminal, but when I run from the GNOME menu shortcut, my session crashes when I click the Play button and I'm kicked back to my login screen. It's worth noting that I am able to run the game from a terminal. I've tried modifying the shortcut to run start.sh from a terminal rather than directly, but I still crash after clicking Play when running it this way.

I have both Intel and Nvidia GPUs, and I've tried using both PRIME profiles to no avail. Also tried updating my graphics drivers.

Anybody else having any issues that resemble this?

EDIT: To clarify, if I open a terminal, navigate to the game directory, and run start.sh manually, the game runs fine. If I modify the shortcut to open a terminal window and run the game, it crashes.
Same issue on Ubuntu mate 18.04
navique19: Same issue on Ubuntu mate 18.04
Not sure if you've had a read through the entire thread yet, but blakstar found a modification to the Exec line of the .desktop file that works. Change the Exec line to:

gnome-terminal -e "/home/yourusernamehere/GOG\ Games/Stellaris/game/stellaris"