It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're pushing a small patch today; it contains a handful of gameplay tweaks, and some important bug fixes for people playing on high-res monitors. The official announcement and patch notes can be found here.
Probably a bad place for it, but can I make a small feature request?

I'd like a notification when someone declares war on me. Doubly so with rationalization why they declared war on me when we had great relations and were almost going to form an alliance.

I picked up the game on DLC release day and I'm enjoying it. I like how it feels like a 4x game but is also sort of "arcadey" (well, at least the pacign is, "can be played start to finish in 1 day".
Post edited October 27, 2017 by mqstout
mqstout: I'd like a notification when someone declares war on me. Doubly so with rationalization why they declared war on me when we had great relations and were almost going to form an alliance.
The lack of war declarations was a bug, one that was introduced by other changes that went out with the DLC :(

You should start getting war declarations as of today's patch though; it includes a bugfix.
The patches available to non-Galaxy-users are quite old. Most recent is 9/29 21183. Is there any way we can bring them up to date?

-edit- It should be noted that the game installer available by non-Galaxy download is at the 10/19 21558 level, which is not so behind as the patches are. Can't imagine why the patches would not be updated at the same time as the installer, though.
Post edited October 28, 2017 by alcaray
I'm regularly crashing with my current save.

SiS Crash Handler: DBGHELP.DLL too old. <OK>

This is with GOG 21606, with Legacies DLC.

Pops up when I have a Contact Established event.

"Tinker ships have been encountered at Procyon. Their Archimandrite requests an audience."

Crash occurs when I click on "an audience".

Same crash occurs if I load the game, go to the diplomacy screen, and click on the Tinkers.

EDIT: Uploaded log. game_5327.
EDIT2: GOG Galaxy "verify/repair" did not affect.
Post edited October 29, 2017 by mqstout
mqstout: Crash occurs when I click on "an audience".

Same crash occurs if I load the game, go to the diplomacy screen, and click on the Tinkers.

EDIT: Uploaded log. game_5327.
EDIT2: GOG Galaxy "verify/repair" did not affect.
I'm unable to replicate this crash. But, given that you're playing on an Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000, I would bet the core issue is that you're running out of video memory.

If your laptop has a dedicated video card, you may be able to avoid the bug (and improve game performance otherwise), by changing your graphics settings to ensure that SiS is running in hardware accelerated mode. (This post has instructions for setting up laptops with NVIDIA cards.)

Otherwise, I'm afraid there's not much to be done. The official minimum required specs for Stars in Shadow list either an AMD or NVIDIA dedicated graphics card; and this issue is really the reason why. Laptops with integrated Intel chipsets (especially the older HD Graphics 3000s) are prone to crashes. I'm hoping to find time for to write up a patch to improve compatibility for lower-end laptops, but, it's a fairly major project, and I'm not sure when I may find the time for it.
Post edited November 07, 2017 by ashdar_games_inc