It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Well, I just installed the game again since a long time, and I don't know if it's related to this latest version but I can't get the fullscreen to keep the 1920x1080 resolution when I launch the game again.
I can change the in game resolution to fullscreen 1920x1080 without issue* and play the game normally, but if I close the game and launch it again, the fullscreen resolution has switched to 1440x900. When I go in the ingame options, it says I'm still at 1920x1080. I click on the setting to switch again to the 1920x1080 : back to 1920x1080.

I tried to reinstall the game totally with admin rights, I launch the game with admin rights, even disabling my antivirus, the issue is still there. I must precise that the game saves normally.
I'm on Win7 64 bits, with an nvidia GT440 - 1535MB
Intel Core i5 2300 @ 2.80GHz
6,00 Go Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz

Anyone else has this issue and/or a solution ?

*When doing this, I only somtimes have the toolbar in the bottom of the screen who is misplaced and so you can't see the bottom of it, and to fix it I have to return to main menu and load my saved game again.

Edit : And I'm not using borderless window due to performance issue :P (I've none in fullscreen)

Edit 2 : I think this issue is the same as these people here : https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/resolution-problem.135012 and there : https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/start-up-resolution-woes.136468/
Post edited November 27, 2017 by Splatsch
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Having this same exact problem with no fix found.
A small update, I just tried the new Update 1.3.27 (1st August 2018), and issue is still here.
But I'm contacting devs directly to tell them about this issue, hopefully they'll be able to do something :)
Post edited August 01, 2018 by Splatsch
Yeah, there is definitely something wrong with it remembering resolution settings.

I want it to run at 1600x900 windowed but it always boots up at 1280x720 (even tho the settings menu says its at the correct rez)

So once in game, I have to go fullscreen, then back to windowed mode and then it sets the proper resolution....

Very strange and I hope a fix comes post-haste!
lqdhorror: Yeah, there is definitely something wrong with it remembering resolution settings.

I want it to run at 1600x900 windowed but it always boots up at 1280x720 (even tho the settings menu says its at the correct rez)

So once in game, I have to go fullscreen, then back to windowed mode and then it sets the proper resolution....

So there are some others concerned !
Well, as I said I send an email the 1st of August and for now I'm waiting for the reply. I'll post in this thread as soon as I'll have infos !
May I ask you your specs ?
lqdhorror: Yeah, there is definitely something wrong with it remembering resolution settings.

Splatsch: So there are some others concerned !
Well, as I said I send an email the 1st of August and for now I'm waiting for the reply. I'll post in this thread as soon as I'll have infos !
May I ask you your specs ?
i5-750 Lynnfield @ 3.6 GHz | ASUS Strix 960 4GB @ 1450/7600 | 16GB Crucial DDR3 | Asus Xonar DG | GA-P55A-UD3 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | WD Elements 3TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W | Win7 64

I'll assume the mostly helpful tidbit would be my video card driver version:

Nvidia 391.35

Let me know once you hear something!
lqdhorror: i5-750 Lynnfield @ 3.6 GHz | ASUS Strix 960 4GB @ 1450/7600 | 16GB Crucial DDR3 | Asus Xonar DG | GA-P55A-UD3 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | WD Elements 3TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W | Win7 64

I'll assume the mostly helpful tidbit would be my video card driver version:

Nvidia 391.35

Let me know once you hear something!
Okay thanks !

For sure ;)
Post edited August 08, 2018 by Splatsch
I used one method from yt. After changing to fullscreen and resolution that i want i went sleep with my character. After this i reloaded game and resolution didnt change to previous one. Remember to set zoom level on 100%. Black border should disappear.
canaton: I used one method from yt. After changing to fullscreen and resolution that i want i went sleep with my character. After this i reloaded game and resolution didnt change to previous one. Remember to set zoom level on 100%. Black border should disappear.
Well, I already tried that, but when I exit totally the game and relaunch it, resolution setting isn't remembered :/
But thanks for your suggestion :)
Did you go sleep with your character before shuting down game?
canaton: Did you go sleep with your character before shuting down game?
Yep, to save the game :) I thought too that it could be an issue with the save of the game... but nope. Even if I sleep, when I exit totally the game, I still have to put again the good resolution.
By the way, I have a kind of glitch in the resolution selection menu (see screenshot).
Attachments:
Post edited December 12, 2018 by Splatsch
Yeah. That happens when resolutions doesnt set properly. Now I have game as it should be. Only going through bust stop area game is changing to something like 1024x768.
Post edited December 12, 2018 by canaton
canaton: Yeah. That happens when resolutions doesnt set properly. Now I have game as it should be. Only going through bust stop area game is changing to something like 1024x768.
Very weird Oo
But at least, you found a partial fix :)
Realized the threat is from 2018.
Sorry, didn't mean to necro. I'm out.
Post edited November 29, 2019 by ecips
ecips: Realized the threat is from 2018.
Sorry, didn't mean to necro. I'm out.
No problem :)
Btw, the last version seems to have fixed the issue for me !