It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I used to play x-wing when it first came out.
As I'm playing again (and it's still excellent) I'm remembering an on-screen display of remaining mission objectives.
As I said in the subject line I'm playing X-Wing 1998 version -- but maybe the on-screen mission objectives was in X-Wing vs Tie Fighter?
Is there something that shows existing mission objectives somewhere?
All I can find is the mission briefing which doesn't show the objectives.
I've looked through the manual and quick reference guide but can't find anything other than the "B" (Briefing) screen.
Please help!
Thanks!
Post edited April 04, 2022 by MarownIOM
Try pressing "G" (not shift-G).
I've tried: g, G, Ctrl+G, and Alt+G
None of those do anything.
Hmmm ... I also sort of recall that you got mission objectives somewhere.

"G" works in Tie Fighter and I had always assumed it worked in later versions of X-Wing but it doesn't :(

I also checked the manual and there is only the briefing detail.
MarownIOM: I used to play x-wing when it first came out.
As I'm playing again (and it's still excellent) I'm remembering an on-screen display of remaining mission objectives.
As I said in the subject line I'm playing X-Wing 1998 version -- but maybe the on-screen mission objectives was in X-Wing vs Tie Fighter?
Is there something that shows existing mission objectives somewhere?
All I can find is the mission briefing which doesn't show the objectives.
I've looked through the manual and quick reference guide but can't find anything other than the "B" (Briefing) screen.
Please help!
Thanks!
There was no objective screen in any version of X-wing, they added it in TIE Fighter an later games.
Post edited April 07, 2022 by Det_Bullock