It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Maybe this could be stickied or something, but I found this awesoem guide that allows you to use an XBOX 360 controller for these games, plus it even comes with Reference cards that show what buttons are used on the controller and which ones are used on the keyboard. Mostly it's just the communications, targeting and different cockpit views.

http://www.savingcontent.com/2014/08/09/guide-play-x-wing-tie-fighter-series-on-windows-7-windows-8-windows-8-1-with-an-xbox-xb1-playstation-ps4-controller-flight-stick/

At the very least, it's a huge help to those who don't have a joystick.
AxelxGabriel: Maybe this could be stickied or something, but I found this awesoem guide that allows you to use an XBOX 360 controller for these games, plus it even comes with Reference cards that show what buttons are used on the controller and which ones are used on the keyboard. Mostly it's just the communications, targeting and different cockpit views.

http://www.savingcontent.com/2014/08/09/guide-play-x-wing-tie-fighter-series-on-windows-7-windows-8-windows-8-1-with-an-xbox-xb1-playstation-ps4-controller-flight-stick/

At the very least, it's a huge help to those who don't have a joystick.
Drat. Tried the link, but all the pages listed in the table of contents just lead back to the introduction page you linked now.
theproofreader: Drat. Tried the link, but all the pages listed in the table of contents just lead back to the introduction page you linked now.
I seriously doubt a user with 12 rep in a thread from 2014 will answer you. Next time, try creating a new one; necroing is frowned upon in this parts.

If we are talking about the games that run under DOSBox, you might want to try Antimicro to set up the controller's buttons to anything you'd like instead of relying on the original games' button assignment (which can be quite unwieldy, since usually joystick to gamepad controls do not translate well).
theproofreader: Drat. Tried the link, but all the pages listed in the table of contents just lead back to the introduction page you linked now.
Links: I seriously doubt a user with 12 rep in a thread from 2014 will answer you. Next time, try creating a new one; necroing is frowned upon in this parts.

If we are talking about the games that run under DOSBox, you might want to try Antimicro to set up the controller's buttons to anything you'd like instead of relying on the original games' button assignment (which can be quite unwieldy, since usually joystick to gamepad controls do not translate well).
Thanks!

Figure out ways to make a point without coming off so condescending. :)

Like this!

"Please avoid posting in old threads, it spams the main page, and I don't think the OP is around to respond at this point. Here is the actually useful answer to your problem:"

Wording is super important!
low rated
theproofreader: (...)
Thanks!

Like this!

"Please avoid posting in old threads, it spams the main page, and I don't think the OP is around to respond at this point. Here is the actually useful answer to your problem:"

I really could not care less. Now try to figure out the chances of me trying to help you again.
theproofreader: Thanks!

Like this!

Don't worry theproofreader, it might have gone right over Links' head, but the rest of us know the value of proper wording!

Plus the thread just got necroed again- which I'm sure Links will just love as well ;)