It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello guys! (for security reasons I could not provide exact links)

I'd like to share my solution for THE KOTOR 1 widescreen UWHD.

I've tried many options, different guides and nothing helped untill...

Follow the steps:

1. Download Flawless Widescreen IMPORTANT!! - x86 Installer Package not the 64bit one.
flawlesswidescreen org
- To be sure - have a fresh version of the game installed (mine is 1.03 GOG)
2. Go to game instalation directory and run "swconfig.exe"
3. Set - Resolution 1280x1024, Refresh Rate 60, Texture Pack High, Enable V-Sync and Hardware Mouse (important)
4. Apply - Close.
5. Run Flawless Widescreen
6. From left side tree select Availible Plugins - FWS Plugins - STAR WARS: KOTOR
- It will load game files - leave options as they are
- Don not close Flawless Widescreen - it should always be open before lunching the game
7. Lunch KOTOR!
8. Go to Options->Graphics->Screen Resolutuion
- now you should be able to set any desire resolution
- if You do not see any resolutions except vanilla try to reopen FW and KOTOR
- if You ALT-TAB the game you should see in FW window, info if the game was recognized or any problem if occured
9. Set what you prefer (AA, AF, TB - leave V-Sync on - turning it off can cause problems)
10. Save and exit the game
11. Download mod "KotOR High resolution menus"
deadlystream com/files/file/1159-kotor-high-resolution-menus/
12. Copy "hires_patcher.bat", "hires_patcher.exe" and "hires_patcher.pl" to your KOTOR instalation folder
13. Run "hires_patcher.bat" and type prompt data
- Screen Width (in my case 3440 - it should work for resolutions listed on above site)
- Screen Height (in my case 1440)
- Letterbox - YES
- Name of the exe file - swkotor.exe
- Hit ENTER
- It will backup Your "swkotor.exe" and make a new one
15. Form downloaded mod folder copy all the files within folder with your desired resolution to OVERRIDE folder in your KOTOR instalation folder (folder, folder, folder :) )
16. Be sure that Flawless Widescreen is opened
17. Enjoy the game! :)

Additionally - Im useing folowing mods (installed after above steps)
- KOTOR 1 Community Patch 1.7
- High Quality Skyboxes
- High Quality Cockpit Skyboxes
- Taris Reskin Pack

Notes: Previously saved games may not work.

I've played over an hour with no problems at all (font is a little to small but mayby there is some fix for that)

Hope it will work for You as it works for me.
Attachments:
1.jpg (298 Kb)
2.jpg (292 Kb)
3.jpg (497 Kb)
Post edited May 04, 2019 by emukiss10
Sadly dosent work any more since the website is dead. Found a copy of the program elsewhere, but of course it dosent have the plugins anymore, since the site is dead and cant download them
Ryuubei: Sadly dosent work any more since the website is dead. Found a copy of the program elsewhere, but of course it dosent have the plugins anymore, since the site is dead and cant download them
Hello Friend,

You can use archive.org to download
https://web.archive.org/web/20190322065817/https://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/#Download
OR
This reddit post
https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/bqwvtk/flawless_widescreen_plugins/
Ryuubei: Sadly dosent work any more since the website is dead. Found a copy of the program elsewhere, but of course it dosent have the plugins anymore, since the site is dead and cant download them
The Steam version supports 4k but this one doesn't GOG version inferior yet again.
Curious, I did all that and the resolution was fine... My Mouse doesn't work any more, though.
And I can't create a Character without my mouse.. sooo... anyone who can help?
I posted a mod for 3440x1440 on nexus yesterday. Should work without problems.