It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Steam allows you to rollback, so I don't see why GOG wont either.

Not that I see the why anyone would want that, but it's possible.
Hassat_Hunter: Steam allows you to rollback, so I don't see why GOG wont either.

Interestingly, Steam's rolled-back version works even worse for me. I think it may be an intel chipset thing. The game crashes in full screen mode every time it tries to switch back and forth between real-time rendering and the pre-rendered video clips. Works fine in windowed mode though, and I can pretty much exactly fill my screen with the window, so I'm satisfied until they get another patch out. According to the spokesman for the dev team, they're working on another patch to address bugs caused by the update, so anyone who has issues should send in report tickets.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by Lambonius
Hassat_Hunter: Steam allows you to rollback, so I don't see why GOG wont either.

Lambonius: Interestingly, Steam's rolled-back version works even worse for me. I think it may be an intel chipset thing. The game crashes in full screen mode every time it tries to switch back and forth between real-time rendering and the pre-rendered video clips. Works fine in windowed mode though, and I can pretty much exactly fill my screen with the window, so I'm satisfied until they get another patch out. According to the spokesman for the dev team, they're working on another patch to address bugs caused by the update, so anyone who has issues should send in report tickets.
Have considered redoing your .bik movie files? I did mine and found things to be a lot more stable with the movies 1920x1080. Here's a link to video I watched that helped me but it is a time consuming process though so if you decide to do it make a backup afterwards in case you uninstall and reinstall the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7euNu1Tt5E&index=36&list=PL4turVkHE168x854EGPsPL_ACgr6eao9z
Lambonius: Interestingly, Steam's rolled-back version works even worse for me. I think it may be an intel chipset thing. The game crashes in full screen mode every time it tries to switch back and forth between real-time rendering and the pre-rendered video clips. Works fine in windowed mode though, and I can pretty much exactly fill my screen with the window, so I'm satisfied until they get another patch out. According to the spokesman for the dev team, they're working on another patch to address bugs caused by the update, so anyone who has issues should send in report tickets.
ironhorse384: Have considered redoing your .bik movie files? I did mine and found things to be a lot more stable with the movies 1920x1080. Here's a link to video I watched that helped me but it is a time consuming process though so if you decide to do it make a backup afterwards in case you uninstall and reinstall the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7euNu1Tt5E&index=36&list=PL4turVkHE168x854EGPsPL_ACgr6eao9z
I may be wrong, but I believe the updated version already has this widescreen movie fix in place. When I'm in windowed mode, the movies do play at the full resolution of my window.
ironhorse384: Have considered redoing your .bik movie files? I did mine and found things to be a lot more stable with the movies 1920x1080. Here's a link to video I watched that helped me but it is a time consuming process though so if you decide to do it make a backup afterwards in case you uninstall and reinstall the game.

Lambonius: I may be wrong, but I believe the updated version already has this widescreen movie fix in place. When I'm in windowed mode, the movies do play at the full resolution of my window.
It still has the black bars above and below on my game but with this fix you get none of that. The default movie folder is 1.5Gb and my updated folder is 5.5Gb.
Sigh... the black bars are supposed to be there, in fact if you're following the instructions in this video and most other guides, your movies will end up with the wrong resolution and therefore a vertically stretched image.
If you're watching a movie, there are almost always black bars, because the movie isn't shot at a 16:9 ratio, but rather 2.35:1, 4:3 or something similar. So, simply re-encoding the movies of KotOR and KotOR 2 to 1920x1080 is the wrong way to go.

If you wish to do it right, you have to check every file's original resolution and set the settings for re-encoding accordingly. Most of them have a resolution of 1600x680, equalling an aspect ratio of roughly 2.35:1. So, upscaling these to 1080p would result in proper 1920x816. There is a difference of 264 pixels between the target end result's resolution of 1920x1080 and the current resolution of 1920x816, therefore there are two black bars at the top and bottom with a width of 132 pixels each. Follow me so far?
There are also a few movies with a ratio of 4:3. Upscaling them correctly would result in a resolution of 1440x1080 with black bars on the left and right (240 each).
There also are few odd and unique files, but figuring out the right way to encode them isn't hard if you've understood the process.
Finally, some movies don't have to be re-encoded at all, if you're using TSLRCM, since they've been replaced by in-game cutscenes.

Now, hopefully all this will be irrelevant for KotOR 2 with the new patch, with the native widescreen support and everything, but we'll see. And the process remains the same for KotOR of course.

If you're interested in the matter, read up on aspect ratio changes in film history. Ah, maybe I'll create a more detailed tutorial in the future on how to do this exactly, if there is interest.
Ah, so this MAY be on its way to GOG after all. That's good to see.

Can't wait for this new update.
Seeing how the update also adds Steam Works, I'm thinking it's going to be a Steam only thing.
Post edited July 26, 2015 by mcgeehe
mcgeehe: Seeing how the update also adds Steam Works, I'm thinking it's going to be a Steam only thing.
Not according Aspyr, the guys who did the update. They are apparently already in contact with GOG and we should get some news around Gamescom.
mcgeehe: Seeing how the update also adds Steam Works, I'm thinking it's going to be a Steam only thing.
cogadh: Not according Aspyr, the guys who did the update. They are apparently already in contact with GOG and we should get some news around Gamescom.
That would be great, even better if KotOR 1 gets the same treatment. I wonder if we will get the achievements too via Galaxy?
Hassat_Hunter: I expect most GOG users are more familiar with a process called "installation". A lot of Steam users didn't however so now you JUST need to press one button. And people still fail on that. Sad but true.
Is the workshop able to utilise the TSL patcher, or is it just a case of files being copied over whatever's already there? In other words, is it any good for more than one mod at a time?
I really hope this will come to the GOG version. GOG Galaxy achievements and such. :)
Hassat_Hunter: I expect most GOG users are more familiar with a process called "installation". A lot of Steam users didn't however so now you JUST need to press one button. And people still fail on that. Sad but true.
Spinorial: Is the workshop able to utilise the TSL patcher, or is it just a case of files being copied over whatever's already there? In other words, is it any good for more than one mod at a time?
Does the update give any new classes or skills?
Nothing has been changed regarding game mechanics, thankfully.
Spinorial: Is the workshop able to utilise the TSL patcher, or is it just a case of files being copied over whatever's already there? In other words, is it any good for more than one mod at a time?
It's a simple override. And somewhat wonky at that I learned from M4-78EP (which seemingly can't overwrite TSLRCM's 702KOR).

It's pretty good for texture mods and the works, but for more intricate works that use TSLPatcher they will still need TSLPatcher.