It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello, So I bought this game I used to play at a friend´s house +10 years ago.

The download was fast, when I hit PLAY from GOG Galaxy, it opens the Lucas Arts intro video, then some other intro video, and after that it crashes with the error I am adding in the screenshot.

So... I followed this guide: star_wars_galactic_battlegrounds_saga/windows_8_81_fix and I am getting a new error about "Could not initialize graphics settings. make sure that your video card and driver are compatible with DirectDraw".
Attachments:
sw.jpg (69 Kb)
Post edited May 06, 2017 by Boxcarpilot
Boxcarpilot: Hello, So I bought this game I used to play at a friend´s house +10 years ago.

The download was fast, when I hit PLAY from GOG Galaxy, it opens the Lucas Arts intro video, then some other intro video, and after that it crashes with the error I am adding in the screenshot.

So... I followed this guide: star_wars_galactic_battlegrounds_saga/windows_8_81_fix and I am getting a new error about "Could not initialize graphics settings. make sure that your video card and driver are compatible with DirectDraw".
I was receiving that error as well. You have to install DirectPlay, which is not installed in Windows 10 by default, not sure about 8/8.1 though.

In the Windows search bar type in "Turn Windows features on or off". Run the application that the search finds and select "DirectPlay" underneath "Legacy Features". Windows will take a moment to install DirectPlay, then the game should run without any issues, as it does for me now.