It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The game has been updated today (e. g. there is a new version available for download in the library) but again the changelog has not been updated. The last update was for !Multiplayer Patch Update (03 January 2018)".

Does anybody know if this is a "real" update or another internal change (which I do not bother to update)? Thank you!
This one is quite surprisingly a rollback, from version "1.1 multiplayer update 2" to "1.1".
As to why GOG needed to do this, we don’t know yet.
vv221: This one is quite surprisingly a rollback, from version "1.1 multiplayer update 2" to "1.1".
As to why GOG needed to do this, we don’t know yet.
Thank your for your answer and this information - I will just keep my "old" version then and wait with downloading until there is a changelog available...
Wierd, 1.1 is the pre-Galaxy version. I wonder if this has anything to do with my conversation with support about XP compatibility. It wouldn’t make sense removing online multiplayer support for that.
SirYodaJedi: Wierd, 1.1 is the pre-Galaxy version. I wonder if this has anything to do with my conversation with support about XP compatibility. It wouldn’t make sense removing online multiplayer support for that.
Yes, I also have no idea what they are doing here (in the games library)... their versioning/numbering system of games has almost always been a mystery and now I have e.g. my last backup-ed installer files from December 2017:

setup_star_wars_-_battlefront_2_1.1_xplay_(14073).exe

and now they offer
setup_star_wars_battlefront_ii_1.1_(10935).exe
for download which would definitely be a step back if the numbers in the brackets have any meaning.

At the same time there is a patch downloadable below the game files with a higher number in the brackets
patch_star_wars_battlefront_ii_1.1_multiplayer_update_(14073)_to_1.1_multiplayer_update_2_(17606).exe
so I guess we should
- download *(10935).exe and
- patch it with *(17606).exe
to bring the game up to the latest version we are supposed to use...
SirYodaJedi: Wierd, 1.1 is the pre-Galaxy version. I wonder if this has anything to do with my conversation with support about XP compatibility. It wouldn’t make sense removing online multiplayer support for that.
RainbowDragon: Yes, I also have no idea what they are doing here (in the games library)... their versioning/numbering system of games has almost always been a mystery and now I have e.g. my last backup-ed installer files from December 2017:

setup_star_wars_-_battlefront_2_1.1_xplay_(14073).exe

and now they offer
setup_star_wars_battlefront_ii_1.1_(10935).exe
for download which would definitely be a step back if the numbers in the brackets have any meaning.

At the same time there is a patch downloadable below the game files with a higher number in the brackets
patch_star_wars_battlefront_ii_1.1_multiplayer_update_(14073)_to_1.1_multiplayer_update_2_(17606).exe
so I guess we should
- download *(10935).exe and
- patch it with *(17606).exe
to bring the game up to the latest version we are supposed to use...
Except the patch says it's for (14073), which isn't (10935). They've gotten more consistent with their own version numbers for file releases now, so I'd assume that means we're looking at a much older version here, or someone messed up?

Might have to reach GOG support to confirm this, seems weird.

Thankfully, I have the (17606) installers from before this, and I'll grab these, too, but want this clarified.
Post edited October 19, 2018 by GalacticKnight
Thank God I've downloaded their offline installers every time a new version is released... I suspect this latest version doesn't support multiplayer, while the version installed by Galaxy does but I'll try to see if that's true after I install the game (again).
For simplicity's sake GOG, please fix this so we have 2 full offline installers plus the original extras.

The offline Installers hopefully would be - the most recent version of the updated version they first came out with in 2017 currently 17606 (1.1_multiplayer_update_2) supposedly
And
The original version you had on GOG at release before they updated the multplayer(2.0.0.5 the last I knew, I don't think this was the same as 10935).

And please no patches just full installers.
Post edited October 21, 2018 by WhoKnowscs
Probably better off contacting GOG support or sending some kind of ticket in, rather than hoping they'll read this thread.
WhoKnowscs: For simplicity's sake GOG, please fix this so we have 2 full offline installers plus the original extras.

The offline Installers hopefully would be - the most recent version of the updated version they first came out with in 2017 currently 17606 (1.1_multiplayer_update_2) supposedly
And
The original version you had on GOG at release before they updated the multplayer(2.0.0.5 the last I knew, I don't think this was the same as 10935).

And please no patches just full installers.
As far as I know the latest releases are:
setup_star_wars_battlefront_ii_1.1_(10935) (for single player only, the one available now)
and
setup_star_wars_battlefront_ii_1.1_multiplayer_update_2_(17606) (for multiplayer, only accessible thru galaxy)

For people still having the previous version:
setup_star_wars_-_battlefront_2_1.1_xplay_(14073) there's a patch named
patch_star_wars_battlefront_ii_1.1_multiplayer_update_(14073)_to_1.1_multiplayer_update_2_(17606)

I hope this helped! :)
Post edited October 22, 2018 by DoutorHouse
There have been the following installers for this game. I got most of this info from the "What did just update" thread. Search Battlefront in that thread and look around Jan. 31 2018 and you will start to see where everything starts to get very confusing.

***"setup_sw_battlefront2_2.0.0.5" - first GOG release. After adding the MP update in Oct. 2017 they originally added this one back instead of 10935 for compatibility(I don't know why since they appear to be the same game files). It has been playing "hide and seek" though since(went away, came back, went away, came back, went away, . . .)

***"setup_star_wars_battlefront_ii_1.1_(10935)" - the version currently available, it appears to be the same as 2.0.0.5 but includes the launcher and different GOG related files(uninstall,Gog_____.dll, etc.), the Game files are the same though(I installed both and compared them.) It originally came out in April 2017 without a change log so is likely one of those installer updates without changing game files.

The above 2 list Gamespy in the multiplayer tab.

***setup_star_wars_-_battlefront_2_1.1_xplay_(14073) - This was the "Patch 1.1 multiplayer update." The patch provided supposedly applies to this one ("patch_star_wars_battlefront_ii_1.1_multiplayer_update_(14073)_to_1.1_multiplayer_update_2_(17606).exe"), It came out in Oct 2017 and doesn't appear available anywhere.

***"setup_star_wars_-_battlefront_2_1.1_mp_hotfix_(17606).exe" - This matches the "Multiplayer Patch Update (03 January 2018)" in the change log below. It came out in Jan 2018 but was later removed for 2.0.0.5.

***"setup_star_wars_battlefront_ii_1.1_multiplayer_update_2_(17606).exe" - This version came out in Aug 2018 and replaced 2.0.0.5(which was getting replaced it's 3rd or 4th time for some reason.) I don't know what changed between this and the hotfix version with the same number(nothing?). The most recent update replaced this version with 10935(which as I noted above seems like an update to 2.0.0.5).

This is the current change log you see under battlefront 2:
Multiplayer Patch Update (03 January 2018)
Minor bug fixes and optimized performance, the most important fixes are:

Lobby functionality has been improved
Steam usernames should now display correctly
Ping calculations are more accurate

online multiplayer has been brought back using GOG Galaxy
added cross-play between GOG and Steam users

So I guess my question is this, was there a problem with the last installer(multiplayer update 2)? I have the current release, and the multiplayer update 2 installers. I decided to delete the 2.0.0.5 installer though.

From the looks of things, to be covered on having all relevant versions, you want "setup_star_wars_battlefront_ii_1.1_(10935)" for compatibility
and
"setup_star_wars_battlefront_ii_1.1_multiplayer_update_2_(17606).exe" for multiplayer.

The only current way to get the multiplayer update 2 seems to be to install the game via Galaxy (but not download the installer backup from it since it appears to be (10935) like the web page.)
Post edited October 24, 2018 by WhoKnowscs
WhoKnowscs: -snip-
Also, the multiplayer patched versions don’t have the original executable’s icon.