I'm using Win10. And the saves folder is in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Star Ruler 2\saves.
There are no saves inside it. Even after starting several games and saving them as test.
Edit 1: I found out that for some reason the saves folder is read only. When I change it to read/write it reverts back to read only.
Edit 2: I'm using Avast
1. the saves folder should be read only... thats a windows 10 thing
2. Avast = start your game and goto the community tab... if you get online then the firewall is playing nice.
Q what install path did you use for the game example mine = C:\GOG Games\Star Ruler 2\Star Ruler 2.exe
Q this game is English only so Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Language = at least one english?
2. Avast = check, I can access Community tab at Galaxy, Layout (Shift + Tab) at game, and at the first in game screen I see Wake of Heralds Expansion and V2.0.0 Update News.
3. I'm using F:\GOG Games\Star Ruler 2\Star Ruler 2.exe. But will install at C drive to see if something happens.
Edit: Change the drive. Still cannot save.
4. I have Portuguese - Brazil enabled as my primary language and English - US as my secondary language.
Edit 2: I tried to contact the developers through Twitter. Also tried to create an account within the official forum. But no reply to my twit and the forum won't allow me to create an account.