It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Clear sky is not working on my new laptop with 12th gen intel processor. I've tried different compatibilities so far. Nothing seems to work.
All three games try to report an error message, both to the Windows clipboard (press ctrl-V into Notepad after it hangs) and if possible, to the end of the log file, found in the logs\ folder on the path assigned to $app_data_root$ in <game_install_folder>\fsgame.ltx. Usually $app_data_root$ is on the first line, or on the first line that doesn't start with a semicolon.

You can look up your problem if there is something on the clipboard or in the log file at the end; the last ten or twelve lines are the most useful but sometimes the log file has other indications of potential trouble with the inability to read or write to a file.
NatVak: All three games try to report an error message, both to the Windows clipboard (press ctrl-V into Notepad after it hangs) and if possible, to the end of the log file, found in the logs\ folder on the path assigned to $app_data_root$ in <game_install_folder>\fsgame.ltx. Usually $app_data_root$ is on the first line, or on the first line that doesn't start with a semicolon.

You can look up your problem if there is something on the clipboard or in the log file at the end; the last ten or twelve lines are the most useful but sometimes the log file has other indications of potential trouble with the inability to read or write to a file.
Thankyou for the suggestion. I was able to get a log which said it was looking in a drive letter I don't have. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled but it still crashed after the first window. I then stuck some voodoo2 files in the bin directory and it started working. For voodoo its using the dgvoodoo virtual 3d accelerated card with 4096mb of memory. Texturing is forced anisotropic 16x and antialiasing is is 8x i don't have anything else different.
> I was able to get a log which said it was looking in a drive letter I don't have.

That's a reference to a file in the source code, mostly useful only to the developers of the game.

Although this is mostly useful for determining and fixing SoC crashes, it might help you understand the problem better and possibly help to fix your CS crash.

If you are not using SRP, you will have a lot of trouble with Clear Sky. While ZRP for SoC is a good/smart idea, SRP for CS is a requirement.
@NatVak

I did a clear instalation on Windows 11 12th gen Intel i7 with RTX 3060. After first try game stucked on splash screen. Game is patched to 1.5.10.

After reparing game by GOG Galaxy and downloading 96MB I got this error:

Error Reason:
----------------------------------------
xrEngine.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "D:\Games\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky\bin\xrCore.dll" at 0023:1001B944, xrDebug::backend()+164 byte(s)

User Message:
----------------------------------------
Expression : assertion failed
Function : CLocatorAPI::_initialize
File : E:\priquel\sources\engine\xrCore\LocatorAPI.cpp
Line : 798
Description : path_exist("$app_data_root$")

In fsgame.ltx file I have default configuration from GOG, and the location of gamedata now is C:\Users\my_user\Documents\STALKER-STCS.

I tried many solutions and still no idea how to start this game....
Post edited February 15, 2023 by redpike
redpike: Expression : assertion failed
This means the engine failed to find a directory path matching the value of $app_data_root$ in fsgame.ltx. Modify that value to a path that exists on your computer or create the missing path and then try again.
redpike: Expression : assertion failed
Decane: This means the engine failed to find a directory path matching the value of $app_data_root$ in fsgame.ltx. Modify that value to a path that exists on your computer or create the missing path and then try again.
I did it but unfortunately still stucks on splash screen...
> I did it but unfortunately still stucks on splash screen...

Relaunch the game to recreate this crash. When it happens this time, please immediately post the contents of the clipboard in a reply here (press Ctrl-V). See my first post in this thread for more information.
NatVak: > I did it but unfortunately still stucks on splash screen...

Relaunch the game to recreate this crash. When it happens this time, please immediately post the contents of the clipboard in a reply here (press Ctrl-V). See my first post in this thread for more information.
I had nothing in Clipboard, game just stucks on splash screen without any error. Tried compatibility modes, deleting user.ltx, still nothing. Directx 9 installed.

My setup: i7 12th gen, rtx 3060 and Win 11 Home 64 bit.

My fsgame.ltx:

;abbreviation = recurs|notif| root| add| ext| description
$arch_dir$ = false| false| $fs_root$
$game_arch_mp$ = false| false| $fs_root$| mp\
$arch_dir_levels$ = false| false| $fs_root$| levels\
$arch_dir_resources$ = false| false| $fs_root$| resources\
$arch_dir_localization$ = false| false| $fs_root$| localization\
$arch_dir_patches$ = false| true| $fs_root$| patches\
$game_data$ = false| true| $fs_root$| gamedata\
$game_ai$ = true| false| $game_data$| ai\
$game_spawn$ = true| false| $game_data$| spawns\
$game_levels$ = true| false| $game_data$| levels\
$game_meshes$ = true| true| $game_data$| meshes\| *.ogf;*.omf| Game Object files
$game_anims$ = true| true| $game_data$| anims\| *.anm;*.anms| Animation files
$game_dm$ = true| true| $game_data$| meshes\| *.dm| Detail Model files
$game_shaders$ = true| true| $game_data$| shaders\
$game_sounds$ = true| true| $game_data$| sounds\
$game_textures$ = true| true| $game_data$| textures\
$game_config$ = true| false| $game_data$| configs\
$game_weathers$ = true| false| $game_config$| environment\weathers
$game_weather_effects$ = true| false| $game_config$| environment\weather_effects
$textures$ = true| true| $game_data$| textures\
$level$ = false| false| $game_levels$
$game_scripts$ = true| false| $game_data$| scripts\| *.script| Game script files
$app_data_root$ = true| false| C:\Users\rafal\DOCUME~1\STALKE~3
$logs$ = true| false| $app_data_root$| logs\
$screenshots$ = true| false| $app_data_root$| screenshots\
$game_saves$ = true| false| $app_data_root$| savedgames\
$downloads$ = false| false| $app_data_root$
redpike: I had nothing in Clipboard, game just stucks on splash screen without any error. Tried compatibility modes, deleting user.ltx, still nothing. Directx 9 installed.
Strange.
Decane: This means the engine failed to find a directory path matching the value of $app_data_root$ in fsgame.ltx. Modify that value to a path that exists on your computer or create the missing path and then try again.
redpike: I did it but unfortunately still stucks on splash screen...
Your fsgame.ltx file's $app_data_root$ assignment is "C:\Users\rafal\DOCUME~1\STALKE~3". Is that a valid path on your PC? Can you open File Explorer and paste that into the path field (the field above the list of files), press Enter and have the folder open?

A possible test would be to create this path: "C:\Users\rafal\Documents\STALKER-CS" (without the quotes) on your PC and then use that path in your $app_data_root$ assignment in fsgame.ltx:

$app_data_root$ = true| false| C:\Users\rafal\Documents\STALKER-CS\

You might need to use a different path. Normally Windows 10 uses this for user files:

$app_data_root$ = true| false| C:\|ProgramData\Documents\

So another possibility would be:

$app_data_root$ = true| false| C:\|ProgramData\Documents\STALKER-CS\

The vertical bar is optional. The game will accept either a root drive and an additional path, or it can be combined into a root path.

Microsoft has made a lot of changes to this area to fix the security issues of their OS.
redpike: I had nothing in Clipboard, game just stucks on splash screen without any error. Tried compatibility modes, deleting user.ltx, still nothing. Directx 9 installed.
NatVak: Strange.
redpike: I did it but unfortunately still stucks on splash screen...
NatVak: Your fsgame.ltx file's $app_data_root$ assignment is "C:\Users\rafal\DOCUME~1\STALKE~3". Is that a valid path on your PC? Can you open File Explorer and paste that into the path field (the field above the list of files), press Enter and have the folder open?

A possible test would be to create this path: "C:\Users\rafal\Documents\STALKER-CS" (without the quotes) on your PC and then use that path in your $app_data_root$ assignment in fsgame.ltx:

$app_data_root$ = true| false| C:\Users\rafal\Documents\STALKER-CS\

You might need to use a different path. Normally Windows 10 uses this for user files:

$app_data_root$ = true| false| C:\|ProgramData\Documents\

So another possibility would be:

$app_data_root$ = true| false| C:\|ProgramData\Documents\STALKER-CS\

The vertical bar is optional. The game will accept either a root drive and an additional path, or it can be combined into a root path.

Microsoft has made a lot of changes to this area to fix the security issues of their OS.
Ok I will try it, but I don't expect to much.

I didn' try solution with Voodoo2 binaries like @phase.verocity in this thread. Any tips how to do this? Is it correct source here?

Offtop:

I tried so many options for Clear Sky, this is strange because I run SoC and CoP normally on my laptop (unfortunately I can run SoC and CoP without dynamic lights because games won't start).

But Stalker Anomaly runs as I expect, without crashes and other bugs on DX11.
Attachments:
Post edited February 17, 2023 by redpike
I did solution with dgVoodoo, removed d3dx9_40.dll from "bin" directory, copied D3D9.dll from dgVoodoo package and it works!

I don't know why, but it could not start on included Dx9 library....

In settings I have only static lightning option. No dynamic and no dx10 options. What is the problem for this case?

And the other games (SoC and CoP) can not be runned on DX10/11.
redpike: I did solution with dgVoodoo, removed d3dx9_40.dll from "bin" directory, copied D3D9.dll from dgVoodoo package and it works!

I don't know why, but it could not start on included Dx9 library....

In settings I have only static lightning option. No dynamic and no dx10 options. What is the problem for this case?

And the other games (SoC and CoP) can not be runned on DX10/11.
It's a known issue between dgvoodoo2 and STALKER games: https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=59&amp;t=80266