It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I tried to play Spelunky with my ps2 gamepad via usb adapter. Unfortunatelly, game does not recognize it natively (which is strange, because Spelunky Classic does so without a fuss), and using x360ce freezes the game on title screens. I use controller emulation for any other game and it usually works fine. Any solution?

*edit* nvm, works fine, I had some dinput8.dll which caused the trouble
Post edited August 08, 2013 by Sashh
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Sashh: *edit* nvm, works fine, I had some dinput8.dll which caused the trouble
May you explain in detail how did you fix it? I have your same problem.
I just deleted dinput8.dll and it started working fine. In case you want to check my x360ce, I uploaded it here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/77md6y
Sashh: I just deleted dinput8.dll and it started working fine. In case you want to check my x360ce, I uploaded it here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/77md6y
Oh,it seems I didn't understand you.I thought you were able to make it work with Spelunky natively (just like Spelunky Classic) without using an emulator.I usually use Xpadder,but I think it would be too messy.
So,this x360ce basically makes my PC think I'm using a X360 controller instead of your same setup?(I use PS2 controller + PS2toUSB adapter too).
I guess I'll try this app right now.
Post edited August 08, 2013 by Toraricky
Should work, just paste all files into spelunky directory and make sure all buttons are correctly mapped. Spelunky will detect ps2 gamepad as 360's.
Okay.I've tried using the x360ce app and I can confirm it works perfectly fine.
Indeed, it does!

The only thing I'd like to point out is that when running it for the first time, x360ce (despite the missing .dll files, which can easily be downloaded and only need to be in the same folder in order for it to work properly) detects possible controllers plugged in your rig. In my case, it was detecting my keyboard as a default Xbox 360 controller for some reason and my PS3 controller afterwards.

As such, my keyboard was always set as the "Controller 1", and I could only use the PS3 controller as Player 2 when in-game.

I just removed the keyboard before running x360ce for the first time and it all got solved, for it detected my PS3 controller as "Controller 1".

Cheers!
It also worked for my Thrustmaster Dual Trigger 3-in-1. Thanks for the tip, it saved my day!