It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

rtcvb32: ...
Thats fun! What are the files that you changed?
The problem with pictures, is that I have no idea how to replace those tutorial images :-/

... meanwhile, I release version 3.5 (sorry!)
You need to start new game (sorry!!!)
I made one ship far more interesting, added three turret designs (medium and large tripple turret (in base there is only huge); and balanced huge QUAD turret - checked and its working), made mines finally non-lagging and balanced etc.

Changelog version 3.5:
- ships: starliner, two large launcher slots replaced with two bomber slots to allow bomber modification. This doesn't change ai-controlled ship designs, since bomber slot is compatible with launcher one. Modified one enemy starliner design to use this
- ships: sun spot, rotated two of three drone/bomb slots, so that sunspot can properly launch launcher weapons from them, instead of around it
- turret: add two tripple turret subvariants - large and medium
- turret: add huge quad turret variant, which is balanced: [large,medium,medium,large], tripple huge is [large, large, large]
- mines: lowered ion mine chance for random field, otherwise it felt like downgrade
- mines: solved problem of large minefield generators - large generators now drop large mines. This allowed to reduce total amount of generated mines, hence scanning frequency can go up
- ship designs: fixed incorrect weapon variables found in some design in basegame
Lin545: Thats fun! What are the files that you changed?
The problem with pictures, is that I have no idea how to replace those tutorial images :-/
You'd replace the png to spz and find it's appropriate name. /gui/tutorialImages/

datablocks/astroidDataBlocks.cs

line 44, subPropCount = "100 100"

Then find subPropCount for other asteroids and comment out that line. (124, 172, 223, 289, 329) i think those are right...

Also something that's been bugging me. Under tuning (with the hangers), it looks like Chapter 3 has Chapter 4 entries... i assume that's an error from copy/paste?
Post edited March 28, 2020 by rtcvb32
rtcvb32: You'd replace the png to spz and find it's appropriate name. /gui/tutorialImages/

datablocks/astroidDataBlocks.cs

line 44, subPropCount = "100 100"

Then find subPropCount for other asteroids and comment out that line. (124, 172, 223, 289, 329) i think those are right...

Also something that's been bugging me. Under tuning (with the hangers), it looks like Chapter 3 has Chapter 4 entries... i assume that's an error from copy/paste?
Ok, thanks - it looks like tutorial picture now runs. I still can't find how to remove text about hangar sizes though.

I tuned the balance of basic beams, lasers and missiles about how they behave between level 5 and 20, in game beginning. Comments welcome! Players should have more energy with beams and lasers when using just basic generator, also laser penetration against armor was slightly increased, while missile damage to hull was decreased. Should provide less frustrating battles in beginning.

No, this is intended. Actual game starts at Chapter 2 (Chapter 1 is tutorial). Chapter 2 ends fairly quickly, when you start searching how to open titan gate. Most of time is spent in Chapter 3, where you encounter huge enemy hulls near at 2/3 of progress. The base game unlocks you one Huge hangar for Chapter 3.

Chapter 4 is different, because the UTA and CIV ships are now non-targetable, as such its way harder to find schematics of hulls at this time. This is the problem I told above, game has difficulty boost towards middle of Chapter 3 and Chapter 4 is already a bit late to begin trying the huge hulls.

The solution I currently have - large and especially huge hulls need more blueprints. Thus hangar sizes from Chapter 3 don't play much role, as blueprints are a bit more difficult to get. I mean, if kill a ship 10 times, it should be fine to assume its now encountered fairly often to allow player to use it.
Lin545: Chapter 4 is different, because the UTA and CIV ships are now non-targetable, as such its way harder to find schematics of hulls at this time. This is the problem I told above, game has difficulty boost towards middle of Chapter 3 and Chapter 4 is already a bit late to begin trying the huge hulls.
Going to the fighting zones (UTA vs Zombies, CIV vs Zombies, CIV & UTA vs Zombies) would be the best way. Unless they can be bought.

Hmmm... custom missions? Blueprint hunting where a ton of space wreakage is at and a number of chests have say .5% to have a blueprint spawned (of which you don't have). I wonder what you'd need to program to get that working.
Oh well. Here's some of the tweaks i'm playing with. Take or leave it. For the v3.5, as v3.6 already includes the image.

Alters the hangers to 6 and balance for chapter 3 (6 not 8, so the GUI doesn't get in the way)
Replaces Rez the tutorial image (so 5, 25, 125, 625, 3125 values are there)
modifies the comets to be more worth the trip
zombie wreakage & default asteroids slightly increased.
Post edited March 28, 2020 by rtcvb32
rtcvb32: Oh well. Here's some of the tweaks i'm playing with. Take or leave it. For the v3.5, as v3.6 already includes the image.

Alters the hangers to 6 and balance for chapter 3 (6 not 8, so the GUI doesn't get in the way)
Replaces Rez the tutorial image (so 5, 25, 125, 625, 3125 values are there)
modifies the comets to be more worth the trip
zombie wreakage & default asteroids slightly increased.
Hey. Sorry for writing here, but it sounds you are making cool modification for one of my favourite games of all time. But for the love of God, I can't find anywhere where I can download your mod.
CalebFreeman: Hey. Sorry for writing here, but it sounds you are making cool modification for one of my favourite games of all time. But for the love of God, I can't find anywhere where I can download your mod.
He's chosen to distribute as a UUEncode64, letting him distribute i via pastebin; Which takes a tiny bit of know-how.

Here's a ftp download should be of the latest and have the modded part of mine as well.
Heya! I avoid bumping the number of hungars due to bugged mines that eat FPS. 4 x 3 mine droppers is vaguely contained, but at 6 people will come crying. Besides, is balance not broken at 6? On Insane with 4 game sometimes already feels easy.
Lin545: Heya! I avoid bumping the number of hungars due to bugged mines that eat FPS. 4 x 3 mine droppers is vaguely contained, but at 6 people will come crying. Besides, is balance not broken at 6? On Insane with 4 game sometimes already feels easy.
Not sure. It kept feeling like there's few options for how to customize them as they are still heavily decided by ship and not a lot of variation.

From what i played to this point, it didn't feel like i had any advantage, and struggle in the 55+ level zones. Entering last chapters, not sure...
So you do realize after a year that your mod is broken, right? Act III breaks the hangar and only gives you access to 4 tiny hulls. I fixed it by adjusting the globaltuning.cs file.
GuardianGl: So you do realize after a year that your mod is broken, right? Act III breaks the hangar and only gives you access to 4 tiny hulls. I fixed it by adjusting the globaltuning.cs file.
Next time, please use quotes. I had no idea you sent a report, so couldnt answer it. Yes, I found this issue by replaying over and over, its fixed in newer release which I will publish once I rerun the whole game from start to finish. There has been a lot done to it already, much more than currently. The only thing which I couldnt hunt down is the massive slowdown of the mining configurations. Sorry about breakage.
Well i finished playing with the More Fun mod finally, Albeit with my own addons. And it was okay.
4.0 Final. As service for people. Changelog inside. paste-bin(remove me, except dot.)xyz/982045
Due to links dying, updated links here More Fun mods