It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all,
maybe it's just my machine, but the game lags a lot, an dhas very annoying slowdowns during races, making it almost unplayable. Any ideas how to get around this problem? maybe it's the dosbox settings?
rob.liefeld: Hi all,
maybe it's just my machine, but the game lags a lot, an dhas very annoying slowdowns during races, making it almost unplayable. Any ideas how to get around this problem? maybe it's the dosbox settings?
I guess it might be helpful if you share with us what your machine is?
rob.liefeld: Hi all,
trusteft: I guess it might be helpful if you share with us what your machine is?
sorry,
so here it is.
It is a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop, with an Intel Pentium t2390 dualcore cpu at 1.87 ghz,
2 gb ram, and win7 installed on.
trusteft: I guess it might be helpful if you share with us what your machine is?
rob.liefeld: sorry,
so here it is.
It is a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop, with an Intel Pentium t2390 dualcore cpu at 1.87 ghz,
Sorry for the late response. I just saw this.

Have you fixed it? Did you check if there is an updated (for Windows 7) version from GOG available for download?
rob.liefeld: sorry,
so here it is.
trusteft: Sorry for the late response. I just saw this.

Have you fixed it? Did you check if there is an updated (for Windows 7) version from GOG available for download?
No, but I got a new computer since and it works fine.
trusteft: Sorry for the late response. I just saw this.

rob.liefeld: No, but I got a new computer since and it works fine.
Well, I guess that's a solution too. :)

Happy gaming.
Hey, I got the same problem here, the game gets extremely choppy which renders it unplayable - and that's a shame, 'cause otherwise it's loads of fun!

My computer is a Toshiba A300 laptop, Pentium Dual 1.73 GHZ, 2 GB Ram, ATI Mobility Radeon 3400 Series graphics card.

I will try this on another computer, but for now I want to play Slipstream on that one. Anybody got any solution for that? I tried setting the cycles to maximum but it didn't work.

EDIT: FIXED - I THINK

Ok, it appears I fixed the problem - at least for now. I did decrease the number of cycles and it seemed to increase the speed, plus I set the CPU coligation to just one core and the game ran smoothly.
Post edited September 14, 2014 by Nakrikal
Nakrikal: Hey, I got the same problem here, the game gets extremely choppy which renders it unplayable - and that's a shame, 'cause otherwise it's loads of fun!

My computer is a Toshiba A300 laptop, Pentium Dual 1.73 GHZ, 2 GB Ram, ATI Mobility Radeon 3400 Series graphics card.

I will try this on another computer, but for now I want to play Slipstream on that one. Anybody got any solution for that? I tried setting the cycles to maximum but it didn't work.

EDIT: FIXED - I THINK

Ok, it appears I fixed the problem - at least for now. I did decrease the number of cycles and it seemed to increase the speed, plus I set the CPU coligation to just one core and the game ran smoothly.
HI,
I had the same issue but my solution was to choose OpenGL as rendered in DosBox configuration. Then the game started to run smoothly.