It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I wanted to buy SC 2000, but I have looked at some reviews here saying that this version of the game is inferior to others. Is that true? And if yes, where can I get the better version? Is the Origin version better or worse?
This question / problem has been solved by Plokite_Wolfimage
LogOutGames: Is the Origin version better or worse?
Origin itself is worse, for starters.

I doubt they distribute the Windows version either. It requires fan-made tools to run properly, and EA isn't one to utilize fixes that they didn't make.
LogOutGames: Is the Origin version better or worse?
Plokite_Wolf: Origin itself is worse, for starters.

I doubt they distribute the Windows version either. It requires fan-made tools to run properly, and EA isn't one to utilize fixes that they didn't make.
And another question I had is what is the difference between the version on gog and the original.
LogOutGames: And another question I had is what is the difference between the version on gog and the original.
Look at the earlier threads. It's the DOS version. You can expect it being bundled with DOSbox as with other DOS-era games on GOG. The Special Edition also includes the Great Disasters scenario pack and the Urban Renewal Kit (city and object editor).
LogOutGames: And another question I had is what is the difference between the version on gog and the original.
Plokite_Wolf: Look at the earlier threads. It's the DOS version. You can expect it being bundled with DOSbox as with other DOS-era games on GOG. The Special Edition also includes the Great Disasters scenario pack and the Urban Renewal Kit (city and object editor).
Thanks for the help.