It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When I create or load a default city and load into it the terrain is blacked out with all the tools in the toolbar showing. When I toggle the toolbar off I can see the terrain just fine. Any ideas? I'm using Windows 10 and I've tried all the compatibility options.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
MiliSpec3000: When I create or load a default city and load into it the terrain is blacked out with all the tools in the toolbar showing. When I toggle the toolbar off I can see the terrain just fine. Any ideas? I'm using Windows 10 and I've tried all the compatibility options.
Just looked at and checked my SC3k install. It seems to be working fine.
There are two compatibility settings on SC3U.exe and the shortcut to launch it from GoG in the main SC3k folder:

Reduced Color Mode checked, 16-bit (65536) color selected in select box.

and under Change high DPI settings:
High DPI scaling override checked, Application selected in select box.

No other compatibility options are selected.
Running on NVidia 1070, driver version 446.14, resolution 1280x1024 (max game supported seems like in my case)
Post edited January 30, 2021 by zandrag
MiliSpec3000: When I create or load a default city and load into it the terrain is blacked out with all the tools in the toolbar showing. When I toggle the toolbar off I can see the terrain just fine. Any ideas? I'm using Windows 10 and I've tried all the compatibility options.
zandrag: Just looked at and checked my SC3k install. It seems to be working fine.
There are two compatibility settings on SC3U.exe and the shortcut to launch it from GoG in the main SC3k folder:

Running on NVidia 1070, driver version 446.14, resolution 1260x1024 (max game supported seems like in my case)
I forgot to mention I have the CD version. However I'm planning to just buy the DL from GOG, Figured I'd check if anyone had the same problem I do. Thanks for your swift reply Zandrag!
zandrag: Just looked at and checked my SC3k install. It seems to be working fine.

Running on NVidia 1070, driver version 446.14, resolution 1260x1024 (max game supported seems like in my case)
MiliSpec3000: I forgot to mention I have the CD version. However I'm planning to just buy the DL from GOG, Figured I'd check if anyone had the same problem I do. Thanks for your swift reply Zandrag!
As far as I am aware, the CD version does not work with Windows 10. Though, because the reason is SecuROM DRM, which will not work at all on Windows 10, I am surprised you got it to run at all.
Post edited January 30, 2021 by zandrag