It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So the game crashed to desktop, then a continuous noise (like the last sound the game made repeates at 30 Hz) is left and won't stop.

I thought there is a left-over dead-exe or something after the crash, so I will check the Task Manager for left-over tasks, but I found nothing sc3 related.

Okay, so next one is I restart the whole computer, then it will be gone.
Gues what?! As it boots up the windows the noise returns...

Okay... maybe the Restart saved the dead task and restarted it as well. Let's turn off the computer completely. That must surely kill the dead-left-over-task...

Guess again...

I turned off the machine, unplug it, waited 20 secs (if for some magical-voodoo reason it's some left-over data in some audio buffer that did not zero out on quick power-off)...
Turned on the computer and as the windosw booted it returned...

I tell you lads... the curse of SC3U.exe REAL!

By the way: any ideas?
My computer is cursed at the moment and I did not see any other topics about such problem.

I use Win10, I checked the Mixer, it shows no sound from any application.

UPDATE:
So, as to check how bad is the situation (like is this a hardware level problem maybe?) I booted up my other operation system (Ubuntu Linux) and all the sounds where okay (meaning no noise on boot up and has sound when playing music), so I returned to Win10 and... it is gone... the noise is no more...

Solved? Well, technically yeah, but I don't know the solution. And I can make guesses of how many people has dual booted systems for a suggestion of: "Oh, just boot up your other operation system, it will be fine".
So... that's it I guess...
My guess is that Win10 saves and restarts many things when "shutting down" and booting up. If you can force a real, classic shutdown with no-autosaving, that could be the solution and maybe that's what hanned to me.
Post edited December 30, 2021 by SjoC
I mean, if it was the reverse, I'd tell you to install Pipewire & Wireplumber.

The nightmare of sound that is Windows? No clue.