It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi guys,

I just bought these games and am having no end of problems getting them to run correctly. From what I can make out each game is having a different issue, and I've had absolutely no luck troubleshooting them myself.

I'm using Windows 10 version 1709 (OS Build 16299.192).

Simcity 3000
The game opens in windowed mode, which I'm fine with - I lose track of time playing sim games so seeing the computer clock is a positive for me. No matter what I try and do to change the screen resolution, though, the actual game continues to open in a much smaller window. I have attempted to change the screen resolution both in the game and by editing the link path and all that does is change the window size. The game itself continues to run at the same resolution, surrounded by massive black bars.

I've attached a screencap of what I'm looking at every time I load. Basically the window size changes as expected when I change the window resolution but the actual game screen appears not to.

ETA: Since posting this topic Simcity 4 has inexplicably decided it does want to run in Windowed mode after all, but I can't edit the title to reflect this.

Thanks for your time.
Attachments:
image2.jpg (239 Kb)
Post edited January 28, 2018 by mightypong
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
mightypong: Hi guys,

I just bought these games and am having no end of problems getting them to run correctly. From what I can make out each game is having a different issue, and I've had absolutely no luck troubleshooting them myself.

I'm using Windows 10 version 1709 (OS Build 16299.192).

Simcity 3000
The game opens in windowed mode, which I'm fine with - I lose track of time playing sim games so seeing the computer clock is a positive for me. No matter what I try and do to change the screen resolution, though, the actual game continues to open in a much smaller window. I have attempted to change the screen resolution both in the game and by editing the link path and all that does is change the window size. The game itself continues to run at the same resolution, surrounded by massive black bars.

I've attached a screencap of what I'm looking at every time I load. Basically the window size changes as expected when I change the window resolution but the actual game screen appears not to.

ETA: Since posting this topic Simcity 4 has inexplicably decided it does want to run in Windowed mode after all, but I can't edit the title to reflect this.

Thanks for your time.
Things will be ok dont worry! Its only the menu of the game that wont scale up to your resolution settings. But if you try to load a city or start a new city you will see that the game will scale up to the current resolution you selected!

Also you might want to use my patch that makes the game run in HD resolutions!
Post edited January 29, 2018 by ToasterBox