It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is there any chance that we'll see a patch for the Mac edition of SC2k that includes the Mac music? At the moment it has the inferior midi stuff from the DOS version.
peab0: Is there any chance that we'll see a patch for the Mac edition of SC2k that includes the Mac music? At the moment it has the inferior midi stuff from the DOS version.
I sure would love to know. Didn't it have a higher resolution as well?
The path of least resistance: All GOG games that are on DOSBox, which play equally well on Windows, Linux, and Mac machines

You are not going to get the Mac or Windows native versions of this game. They won't act like the Mac or Windows versions of this game. It's not that GOG is lazy, it's that it isn't doable. SimCity 2000 had the bad luck of showing up right around when operating systems were in flux. DOSBox is an environment that works consistently among platforms, and it does it quite well, and the DOS versions of SimCity is what you'll get.

As a Windows user, I feel your pain, because I played SC2K on Win 95 and I had a way better set of tunes to go with my memories. But it isn't so bad playing the DOSBox version, which already uses backwards Apple conventions (drag-down menus, no real left click support, etc.)

Still, $3 gets you a lot of nostalgia for the buck during this sale.