It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For some reason, I'm noticing in GOG's default configuration of SimCity 2000 some odd scaling issues. This is most noticeable in the cursor, which subtly changes shape as I move it around the screen. The text is also somewhat distorted. When I run the game without scaling in 640x480, the problem disappears, but of course the image is very blurry on my 1600x900 monitor. The aspect ratio appears the same in both, so I don't think that is the problem. Thoughts? Suggestions?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Dragnerok_X: For some reason, I'm noticing in GOG's default configuration of SimCity 2000 some odd scaling issues. This is most noticeable in the cursor, which subtly changes shape as I move it around the screen. The text is also somewhat distorted. When I run the game without scaling in 640x480, the problem disappears, but of course the image is very blurry on my 1600x900 monitor. The aspect ratio appears the same in both, so I don't think that is the problem. Thoughts? Suggestions?
Have you tried setting the following in dosboxSC2000.conf?

fullresolution=desktop
output=overlay
aspect=true
scaler=normal2x

Have you tried setting the following in dosboxSC2000.conf?

fullresolution=desktop
output=overlay
aspect=true
scaler=normal2x
I get the same problem, I'm afraid. Notice the text and cursor in this image. This problem doesn't appear, of course, when the game runs in a 640x480 window.
Attachments:
sc2000.jpg (301 Kb)
Post edited December 20, 2012 by Dragnerok_X

I get the same problem, I'm afraid. Notice the text and cursor in this image. This problem doesn't appear, of course, when the game runs in a 640x480 window.

fullscreen=false
windowresolution=1280x960
scaler=hq3x

I've been using those settings to play at a higher resolution windowed mode. The hq3x scaler setting seemed to solve most of the distortion issues that I was having.
Dragnerok_X: I get the same problem, I'm afraid. Notice the text and cursor in this image. This problem doesn't appear, of course, when the game runs in a 640x480 window.
I'm getting this issue too. I've found that setting the scaler to forced helps, e.g.

scaler=hq2x forced

but this doesn't work for normal2x and normal3x scalers, very annoying :(
This setting in dosboxSC2000.conf works really good for me:

fullscreen=true
fulldouble=false
fullresolution=desktop
windowresolution=original
output=opengl
autolock=true
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
priority=higher,normal
mapperfile=mapper.txt
usescancodes=true

frameskip=0
aspect=true
scaler=normal2x

Everything seems normal, scales normal and looks normal. Even the cursor.
Atlantico: This setting in dosboxSC2000.conf works really good for me:

fullscreen=true
fulldouble=false
fullresolution=desktop
windowresolution=original
output=opengl
autolock=true
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
priority=higher,normal
mapperfile=mapper.txt
usescancodes=true

frameskip=0
aspect=true
scaler=normal2x

Everything seems normal, scales normal and looks normal. Even the cursor.
Changing my graphics mode from Direct Draw to OpenGL fixed the insane blur and distortion I was seeing which made the game totally unplayable.

output=opengl

is the most (and maybe the only) important setting for me.