It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

like the title says: i tried building three different cities but the pipes don't carry the water from the pump to the areas of my town.

i build pumps
i make sure they have electricity
i connect the pipes to the pumps

Only the tile of the pump shows flowing water. Not a single tile of the pipe system gets supplied with water.

It's been over ten years i last played this game, i don't see what i'm doing wrong.
Post edited August 26, 2014 by andi1981
andi1981: It's been over ten years i last played this game, i don't see what i'm doing wrong.
You dont do nothing wrong. Just wait. Water will flow in the next month after you placed everything. When this does NOT happen, check the pipes, check the power lines.

Or make a new city, build only a power plant, some pipes and a pump. See what happens. Water should flow :)

If not, re-download and/or re-install the game, because then something's definetly broken with the game files.
andi1981: Hi,

like the title says: i tried building three different cities but the pipes don't carry the water from the pump to the areas of my town.

i build pumps
i make sure they have electricity
i connect the pipes to the pumps

Only the tile of the pump shows flowing water. Not a single tile of the pipe system gets supplied with water.

It's been over ten years i last played this game, i don't see what i'm doing wrong.
This may seem like an 'is water wet' troubleshoot, but did you actually place them next to water?
Hi, thanks for the replies!

I placed some of the pumps next lakes - that didn't fix it either, but deleting and reinstalling the game, like Harzzach suggested, seems to have fixed whatever the problem was. I can finally build a city with working water pipes. Strange, but at least i can play now.

Thanks for your help!