It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Figured Id come here since this forum is pretty active..

Im currently playing the Origin DOSbox packaged version of Simcity 2000 Special Edition. When I go to save or load a city, under the Maxis logo, it lists an A:\ and B:\ Drive... anyone know why those are there?

I know the C disk is my system disk and D is my secondary hard drive, and Z in the Virtual Ram Drive that DOSBox requires, but why are A and B listed?

I have an image attached If you require a visual of what Im seeing..
Attachments:
Post edited August 18, 2016 by Simmons33
Simmons33: Figured Id come here since this forum is pretty active..

Im currently playing the Origin DOSbox packaged version of Simcity 2000 Special Edition. When I go to save or load a city, under the Maxis logo, it lists an A:\ and B:\ Drive... anyone know why those are there?

I know the C disk is my system disk and D is my secondary hard drive, and Z in the Virtual Ram Drive that DOSBox requires, but why are A and B listed?

I have an image attached If you require a visual of what Im seeing..
The A:\ and B:\ are reserved for a floppy drive even though these drives are rarely used any more. The game is looking for one of those drives. If this is preventing you from saving your game there may be a way to edit the dosbox config. otherwise you can just ignore A and B and point to one of your other drivers.
Hope this helps.
Cant believe I forgot all about A and B being reserved for Floppy drives back in the day. Thank you for making me realize im forgetful =D