It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I downloaded this in December 2018. Have there been any updates since then?

Also, I'm having an issue with slow scrolling. This issue goes away after a minute or so of playing, or if I scroll all the way around the world before a play session, but returns in a somewhat less severe form whenever I access several of the non-map game screens (ie, the advisors), or if I zoom out, scroll around and then zoom in again.
ScaryRob: I downloaded this in December 2018. Have there been any updates since then?

Also, I'm having an issue with slow scrolling. This issue goes away after a minute or so of playing, or if I scroll all the way around the world before a play session, but returns in a somewhat less severe form whenever I access several of the non-map game screens (ie, the advisors), or if I zoom out, scroll around and then zoom in again.
Which game are you talking about as this forum is for all the Civilization games. What system are you playing on? Windows 10, 11, Linux, other?
ScaryRob: I downloaded this in December 2018. Have there been any updates since then?

abbayarra: Which game are you talking about as this forum is for all the Civilization games. What system are you playing on? Windows 10, 11, Linux, other?
Sorry for not responding earlier.
I'm referring to Civ 3 and I'm still running Win 7.
ScaryRob: Sorry for not responding earlier.
What do you mean updates?
You're talking about a game that was released a few scant days after Windows XP did; which presumes it was either targeting ME or 2000 (DOS/9x or NT) respectively.

Short of recompiling the game (which might prove infeasible for a myriad of reasons), you might have to rely on fan patches. Which, I'm not even sure if the one for Civ III even fixes the issues with the engine underneath.

I did find myself having more luck within WINE, but that's perhaps a bridge you're not ready to cross just yet.
ScaryRob: Sorry for not responding earlier.
Darvond: What do you mean updates?
You're talking about a game that was released a few scant days after Windows XP did; which presumes it was either targeting ME or 2000 (DOS/9x or NT) respectively.

Short of recompiling the game (which might prove infeasible for a myriad of reasons), you might have to rely on fan patches. Which, I'm not even sure if the one for Civ III even fixes the issues with the engine underneath.

I did find myself having more luck within WINE, but that's perhaps a bridge you're not ready to cross just yet.
I didn't mean actual game updates. I know there wouldn't be anything like that for a game that's more than 20 years old.
I meant updates from GoG, as far as perhaps fixing things regarding the newer Windows operating systems of the past few years. In other words, is the download that is now compatible with Win 11 any different than the one I downloaded several years ago?
Never mind, you answered my questions. I need a new computer and newer Windows.
ScaryRob: I didn't mean actual game updates. I know there wouldn't be anything like that for a game that's more than 20 years old.
I meant updates from GoG, as far as perhaps fixing things regarding the newer Windows operating systems of the past few years. In other words, is the download that is now compatible with Win 11 any different than the one I downloaded several years ago?
Never mind, you answered my questions. I need a new computer and newer Windows.
There has never been a rebuild of the game by GOG.

Also doubtful that a newer computer will do you much good, what I was suggesting was a Linux subsystem.