It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Why does the game have a Manditory Game End in Year 2600, and Not Allow Play to End of Game as Player Reaches it, When Ever that may be??
The Civ games before this also had a limit.There is something to be said for limits to games' length as it can be too easy to just let a game survive thousands of years without winning. I can understand the frustration too well as being a slow person myself, I often run into these limits.
I only played a couple of others.l After around Civ 3 or 4, I didn't care for them...

I just hate when you have 5 or 6 Research to do to get them Assention, and Time runs out...
RDouglass1: I only played a couple of others.l After around Civ 3 or 4, I didn't care for them...

I just hate when you have 5 or 6 Research to do to get them Assention, and Time runs out...
You can remove the game end (effectively) by editing 'Alphax.txt' for terranx or 'alpha.txt' for terran.

At the top of the file under 'FUNDAMENTAL RULES' you can change these numbers to extend the game:

2100 ; Normal starting year
2600 ; Normal ending year for lowest 3 difficulty levels
2500 ; Normal ending year for highest 3 difficulty levels
That did not work DOWL...
there is no Text File for Terran, or TerranX.

There is an ICD File for each, but they open in Wordpad as ASCI Files...
RDouglass1: That did not work DOWL...
there is no Text File for Terran, or TerranX.

There is an ICD File for each, but they open in Wordpad as ASCI Files...
Sorry I think I've confused you, in the 'Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri' folder there are two .txt files called 'alpha.txt' and 'alphax.txt'. If you're playing the base game then edit 'alpha.txt', if you're playing Alien Crossfire then edit 'alphax.txt'.
DOWL: Sorry I think I've confused you, in the 'Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri' folder there are two .txt files called 'alpha.txt' and 'alphax.txt'. If you're playing the base game then edit 'alpha.txt', if you're playing Alien Crossfire then edit 'alphax.txt'.
I wasn't Confused, I checked the Properties on the game, and it goes to GOG, Games Folder.. TYhrough GOG, There is no Sid Meyers Folder Created... I didn;t Install from CD.

I will do a System File Search for those names in case they are on another drive... Thanks.
Found them DOWL, Thanks.