I've just completed a playthrough of the whole series of Sherlock games by Frogwares. Here's my list, best to worst:
1. Crimes & Punishments. Apart from a few confusing moments in especially one of the cases C&P is a well written and executed adventure game. Highly recommended. 4,5/5.
2. The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: Gets most things right. Great atmosphere and a well written and interesting story. Mainly logical and fun puzzles. 4/5.
3. Nemesis ("vs Arséne Lupin" in my part of the world). Great premise for a puzzle fest. Fits good within the SH universe. A few really badly designed and tedious puzzles keeps it from being a true classic. Still a solid and fun game. 4/5.
4. vs Jack the Ripper. Almost as good as Nemesis. Deals with the subject matter in a delicate way and is very much factually accurate. Not sure I agree about the solution to the case though, but the game has a very clever ending. Great game! 4/5
5. The Awakened. Some fantastic scenes but unfortunately some pretty bad ones too. Frogwares had not yet got everything together at this point, but it's a nice attempt. Definitely not a bad game, just not as good as some of the later games. A must play for any adventure game fan. 3,5/5
6. The Devil's Daughter: Basically the same style of gameplay as Crimes & Punishments but ultimately less intreseting cases and a pretty stupid story arc. But what really makes it a lesser game than most of its predecessors is the action elements that have been added to the mix. Most of them poorly executed and frustrating. Some of the pure adventure parts are ok, but ultimately not a very fun game to play. Disappointing. 2,5/5.
7. The Case of the Silver Earring. Frogwares' second attempt at a Sherlock adventure game after The Mystery of the Mummy (not on GOG thankfully). A very confusing plot and pretty bad writing overall. And some sneaking and timed elements that can't be fun for anyone. But the game has its moments. Some good scenes. The following game, The Awakened, is much much better though. 2/5
100. The Mystery of the Mummy. Not on GOG and I hope it stays that way. Noone should play this game. It's one of the worst adventure games I've played, and I've played hundreds of them. 0,5/5.
Post edited January 03, 2020 by Veovis