It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm running the game both on i5 intel with HD5000 and on another machine with i7 and HD520. There seem to be some sort of weirdness going on with the later system though.

When you start the game on machines running HD520 integrated graphics chipset you just get a blank black screen with sound. Confirmed with another machine with same configuration. Everything works perfectly on older device running i5 and HD5000.

Does anyone else have similar issues?
ow, sorry to hear that, i am not a dev nor a tech person, so i googled and more users were having problems with some games

i searched on: ags and machines running HD520 integrated graphics chipset
there are lots of posts on wadjeteye forum, and some of these also mentioned to look for possible solutions in the ags forum.

I guess you can wait for a developer from wadjet eye to respond here, maybe he knows about a work around.
For now you could try and searcht the wadjeteye forum and the ags forum, maybe someone already found a way to get around the problem,
locusSol: I'm running the game both on i5 intel with HD5000 and on another machine with i7 and HD520. There seem to be some sort of weirdness going on with the later system though.

When you start the game on machines running HD520 integrated graphics chipset you just get a blank black screen with sound. Confirmed with another machine with same configuration. Everything works perfectly on older device running i5 and HD5000.

Go to the folder you installed it and double click setup.
Under driver select DirectDraw 5.
It also runs finw with D3D9 and Windowed Mode, that solved it for me.

Funny enough I had no problems last time I run the game a few months ago, I still use the same hardware. However, now Windows creators update was installed and - related to a completely different problem - it seems it doesn't bring some graphics dlls with it, that used to be included. Reinstalling your graphics driver and/or DirectX might do the trick to get it running again.
Same here, but with RX 570.
I ran the compatibility troubleshooter and it changed compatibility mode to Windows 8. Now game seems to run fine.
locusSol: I'm running the game both on i5 intel with HD5000 and on another machine with i7 and HD520. There seem to be some sort of weirdness going on with the later system though.

iLurch: Go to the folder you installed it and double click setup.
Under driver select DirectDraw 5.
Thanks!!!