It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just wanted to let the community know that having never had any trouble running SRHK on previous versions of Ubuntu (64-bit), the game wouldn't start at all with 16.04 LTS. While trying to figure this out, I discovered two changes to the dependencies listed on the GOG game page:

1. libasound2-data:i386 is depreciated with 16.04 and no longer in the repositories. It's functionality may be included in another package. However, this was a false lead, since SRHK seems to work fine without it. Still, if I run into a problem with the game or editor in the future, it might be due to this change in Ubuntu.

2. At least on my machine (older Intel HD Lenovo laptop), the game would no longer start with 16.04. The solution was to install 'libglu1-mesa:i386', which I discovered via the terminal error.

Other than this slight inconvenience, everything seems to be working well so far on a fresh 16.04 w/updates install on a few different rigs, even exiting properly.

Hope this helps some people/saves time & frustration.
Post edited May 12, 2016 by christophercole
Thanks for the tips.

Alternatively, you can use the ./play.it script, which will generate a .deb package, that you can install with dpkg and then let apt install automatically all the needed dependencies : http://wiki.dotslashplay.it/en/games/shadowrun-hong-kong :)
Brilliant. Thanks.
kilobug: Thanks for the tips.

Alternatively, you can use the ./play.it script, which will generate a .deb package, that you can install with dpkg and then let apt install automatically all the needed dependencies : http://wiki.dotslashplay.it/en/games/shadowrun-hong-kong :)
I followed the instructions in the link and I was able to install the game. Thanks! However, I noticed that the installed application has a blank icon... Any ideas on what could be the cause of this and how to fix it?

EDIT: I uninstalled the game, restarted the laptop and reinstalled the game. For some reason, this solved the issue.
Post edited July 26, 2017 by mac777mac