It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi Players,

Today, we are happy to share the news that many of you were waiting for. Following your suggestions, along with many improvements of patch 1.0.5, we are introducing prompts, to show you when the backstab/dropkill can be performed and how effective it will be. Hopefully, it will help you play without unnecessary stress

From now on, we are focusing on optimising the performance. Please stay as supportive as you always have been!

CHECK OUT THE COMPLETE LIST OF CHANGES:

PERFORMANCE:
Day and night system will no longer cast shadows during the night.

GAMEPLAY:
NEW: Added backstab, and dropkill prompts - the special marker will visualise the window of opportunity.
NEW: Backstab and dropkill prompt will now inform you about the lethality of your weapon's attack.
NEW: Display stat for opportunity damage modifier (backstabs, dropkills, finishers) on weapon tooltip.
NEW: Stash accessible now through every crafting and alchemical station.
FIX: Unified backstab damage. Damage dealt with the backstabbing attack will be the same no matter if the target is aware or unaware of player.
FIX: Weapon opportunity damage upgrades will now add proper damage bonus.
FIX: Due to popular demand monster respawn delay has been made longer.
FIX: Arena champions and keepers have proper attitude settings now.
FIX: Badelisk navigation snap adjusted, so they don't stick to the ground anymore.
FIX: NPC AI teleporting back to the bottom while using ladder no longer appears.
FIX: Changed type of AI Territory volume near Cliffs, so it does not prompt player falsely about trespassing.
FIX: Anim Montages Items fixes.
FIX: NPCs locations adjusted in Artee Village.
FIX: Food machines now should not lose interaction.
FIX: One-sided geometry has proper collision settings now - AI should no longer see you through walls/floors.
FIX: Lowered invisibility active cost by half.
FIX: Increased lining armour capacity bonus.
FIX: Crafting tier III upgrades for lockpicks and driller will now require the II tier upgrade.
FIX: Tier II upgrades for drills and lockpicks will no longer be displayed if Tier III had been crafted.
FIX: Players who crafted Tier II after crafting Tier III will now have proper DrillerTier set.
FIX: Chromosphere radius upgrades will now make its radius bigger.
FIX: Fall damage stat will be displayed correctly.
FIX: Skill passive Fighter will allow displaying enemies' resistances in Sense Mode.
FIX: Armor upgrades for movement speed won't apply the enormous amount of movement penalty for armour parts with base 0 penalty.
FIX: Missing disguises recognitions added.

QUEST:
FIX: Vaetic will now correctly spawn in the "Very Old Friends" quest.
FIX: "The Crucible" Arena Keeper will now properly activate an objective upon returning for reward and not fighting anymore.
FIX: Lady Firefly has now a correct oneliner response after quest resolution.
FIX: Du Motier's doorman now has a proper dialogue response set after you escape the party.
FIX: Adjusted meeting trigger with Vaetic in Prologue.
FIX: Quest "Now Who Is The Crazy One" - mapping handling fixed in Wildermage's Lab, visual error for empty crystal holder fixed.
FIX: "Poor Sister Of Mine" - fix for sister not leaving home after destroying all mines.
FIX: Quest "Very Old Friends" will now properly spawn missing Vaetic in his tower in Everglade Swamps.
FIX: Refreshing Arena Keeper dialogue after winning each fight.
FIX: Quest "Petals And Promises" - will now correctly start after talking to Farmer.
FIX: Quest "Lady's Plus One" - now quest will fail properly after fleeing party without getting artefact first, confiscated weapons will be automatically added to player's inventory after leaving.
FIX: Quest "Petals And Promises" - recovering quest functionality for Players who could not start it properly after talking to Abel.

LEVEL:
FIX: Broken Shortcut - deleted fence which was blocking Players from entering wealthy district in Warden's Hold.
FIX: Ladders should now work all over the map.
FIX: General geometrical bug fixes pass.
FIX: General action point and work item bug fixes pass.
FIX: White plane no longer visible after loading a game straight after arrival at Peh.

SOUND:
NEW: Added Keepers by Miracle of Sound to safehouse jukebox when you finish the "Veil of Darkness" quest.

UI:

NEW: Added new images and videos for tutorials.
FIX: Item tooltip will now display the proper amount of components player would receive upon dismantling an item. For stacks of items, the cumulative amount of components is shown instead.
FIX: Issue with playing a tutorial movie when selecting an entry for the first time should no longer exist.
FIX: Item tooltip resize bug fixed.
FIX: Dialogue speaker names will no longer be cut in different languages.
FIX: New image for cinematic portraits on low settings.

Take care!
IMGN.PRO and Fool’s Theory Team
Attachments:
okoil.jpg (321 Kb)

NEW: Added backstab, and dropkill prompts - the special marker will visualise the window of opportunity.
NEW: Backstab and dropkill prompt will now inform you about the lethality of your weapon's attack.
Haven't seen those prompts in action yet due to the patch likely becoming available on Monday at the earliest (it's the weekend after all) but any chance you could make the prompts optional?

Maybe that's just me but I like having to rely on guessing or estimating the mentioned window of opportunity without any visual indicators telling me when a backstab or dropkill is possible.

@JanIMGN
Just to be sure that reporting bugs or making suggestions on the gog forum for SEVEN is not for naught and nothing - you do check the appropriate threads (gog.com/forum/seven_the_days_long_gone/bugs_glitches_oddities resp. gog.com/forum/seven_the_days_long_gone/suggestions_proposed_improvements) on here too from time to time, right?
Wow, massive fixes, gald you folks are still on top of this...Though I'll miss the shadow effects.
JanIMGN: FIX: "Poor Sister Of Mine" - fix for sister not leaving home after destroying all mines.
This one is odd. This quest worked for me back in launch version, but on my second play, in 1.05 version, it does not work.

I'm sure it is 1.05 cause I can see backstab indicators (btw. they are cool, although I still have to find out how to tell if I can "one shot" with backstab or not).

=== EDIT ===

Now this was an odd experience...

I just started the game and did another quest (the one with hidden notes with numbers) and found out that a mine (in town, from yet another quest) that I disarmed long time ago, is active again. Oddly, I could not disarm it so I just walk on it and - lucky - survived. That gave me an idea that maybe I won't disarm mines in "sister" quest, just explode them. I went there, but on my way I realized that is futile cause I disarmed all mines already.
Now imagine my surprise when, while passing by the "sisters" house with detection mode on, I got message that mines were found. What's more, I got those messages twice (two times for each of 5 mines = 10 times total).
Mines looked like I did not found them earlier, with exclamation mark over them so I decided to give them a try and try to disarm them again.
It took 2 disarm attempts to disarm each mine - just like it would be somehow connected with the number of times message about finding them showed up - and... the quest was successfully finished!

Now I'm sitting in front of my screen with my jaw dropped.

I have no idea about the game inner workings, but my current experience is that there is something very wrong with the way game is finding some quest objects. This or it is somehow related with how long the game is running in one session.

I say that cause this reminded me that I had a similar problem with the quest to retrieve visa from hangar. I checked each container at least 4 times and there was no visa in or it was not possible to interact with it. Then, after taking a brake and re-starting the game, the container with visa was active and had a visa in it.
Post edited December 10, 2017 by rbialo
JanIMGN: FIX: "Poor Sister Of Mine" - fix for sister not leaving home after destroying all mines.
rbialo: This one is odd. This quest worked for me back in launch version, but on my second play, in 1.05 version, it does not work.

I'm sure it is 1.05 cause I can see backstab indicators (btw. they are cool, although I still have to find out how to tell if I can "one shot" with backstab or not).

=== EDIT ===

Now this was an odd experience...

I just started the game and did another quest (the one with hidden notes with numbers) and found out that a mine (in town, from yet another quest) that I disarmed long time ago, is active again. Oddly, I could not disarm it so I just walk on it and - lucky - survived. That gave me an idea that maybe I won't disarm mines in "sister" quest, just explode them. I went there, but on my way I realized that is futile cause I disarmed all mines already.
Now imagine my surprise when, while passing by the "sisters" house with detection mode on, I got message that mines were found. What's more, I got those messages twice (two times for each of 5 mines = 10 times total).
Mines looked like I did not found them earlier, with exclamation mark over them so I decided to give them a try and try to disarm them again.
It took 2 disarm attempts to disarm each mine - just like it would be somehow connected with the number of times message about finding them showed up - and... the quest was successfully finished!

Now I'm sitting in front of my screen with my jaw dropped.

I have no idea about the game inner workings, but my current experience is that there is something very wrong with the way game is finding some quest objects. This or it is somehow related with how long the game is running in one session.

I say that cause this reminded me that I had a similar problem with the quest to retrieve visa from hangar. I checked each container at least 4 times and there was no visa in or it was not possible to interact with it. Then, after taking a brake and re-starting the game, the container with visa was active and had a visa in it.
Sounds familiar:
The second bug involves a couple of possibly infinitely respawning shredder traps inside Kaitlin and Colm's hideout in Lewmer. I definitely remember disarming one trap in the spot shown in the first screenshot during my initial sweep of all of Lewmer's abodes, dwellings and shacks. A few in-game days later, while doing another sweep of the area via Sense mode I noticed the sound indicating the discovery of a trap going off 5 times, curiously enough in the exact same spot.

Went over to the place to have a look and, to my surprise, found the previously picked clean spot occupied by no less than 5 shredder traps (all in the same place) again.
The reason I believe this to be occurring in possibly infinite regular intervalls is the fact that I already disarmed and picked up the same 5 shredder traps earlier for the first time. The linked screenshots are actually showing the (as of now) second time those 5 shredder traps have been respawned.

i.imgur.com/gGtJd5n.jpg
i.imgur.com/Gt8qfAj.jpg
gog.com/forum/seven_the_days_long_gone/bugs_glitches_oddities/post1

Not so sure if the devs are aware of this though. From the looks of it, they strongly favor the forum on the other platform for compiling bug reports and getting feedback on things.
Please FIX: "Poor Sister Of Mine"...
-After talk with sisters and choose 1st option,nothing happend.
-Both of sisters have same name and avatar,Lily.
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the kind words. We continue working on fixes. If you experience any issues related to quests, please send your save file at quest@foolstheory.com with an explanation of your specific situation.

It will help us to tackle those bugs more effectively.

Thank you for your patience and support!
Jan, IMGN.PRO and Fool’s Theory Team
kudos to the devs for such promptness with the GOG updates and dedication to keeping people informed in the subforum

I don't even have the game (but I've been following it for years), but this is great to see on here and it definitely restores some goodwill that was lost due to pre-order exclusive stuff
JanIMGN: PERFORMANCE:
Day and night system will no longer cast shadows during the night.
couldn't this be an option? light sources at night would cast different shadows than the sun, and would be very interesting, and makes sense to have (especially in a stealth game where the shadow of a building cast from a streetlight can add additional cover, etc.)
Post edited December 15, 2017 by drealmer7