It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I downloaded the .deb and tried to unpack it, doesn't seem to want to install. At first I thought it was a bad download but I've tried downloading it several times over the past few months.

I'm a fairly new Linux user, FWIW, and appreciate any help offered!
This question / problem has been solved by DeMignonimage
http://linux.about.com/od/ubuntu_doc/a/ubudg21t2.htm
SOLVED...

... okay, so I'm an idiot and it actually IS installed.

In case this happens to anyone else, unlike other .deb files (I'm not sure why this is) the program will not indicate that it's been properly installed through the software center. Instead the file was hanging out, waiting for me to search for it.

Yay for not looking thoroughly!
drjones013: SOLVED. ... it actually IS installed.
In case this happens to anyone else, unlike other .deb files (I'm not sure why this is) the program will not indicate that it's been properly installed through the software center. Instead the file was hanging out, waiting for me to search for it.
Thanks for letting us know. Just for your information, you can find the game in the Ubuntu Software Center e.g. to remove it (or other GOG games), but it's categorized as "unknown" and won't appear on the main list. You have to search for "gog".

If you're looking for your GOG games in your folder structure, go to /opt/GOG Games
That's the default installation path for GOG's deb installers.
Post edited February 04, 2015 by DeMignon