It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

I managed to successfully run SITS on another computer with the same Linux distribution and version, without any problems. I recently had to change my machine and went with an HP Omen, on which I installed Mint 18.1 as well.

Serpent in the Staglands first runs in a (tiny) windowed mode. When I pass the mouse over the window the game mouse cursor appears but doesn't move. By switching to an US keyboard I managed to pass the intial screen asking for updates. The main menu seems to behave fine but when I launch the game, again, impossible to interact with the initial choices at the beginning.

Switching to full screen in the main menu doesn't hep. When starting a new game in this case the screen remains black.

I searched briefly on the web for this issue but I couldn't find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Linux Mint 18.1 64 bit, 4.4.0-53-generic kernel
Intel i5-7300HQ
8 Gb Ram
Graphic card : Nvidia Geforce 1050

Thanks!
Post edited October 22, 2017 by poissonradieux
poissonradieux: Hi,

I managed to successfully run SITS on another computer with the same Linux distribution and version, without any problems. I recently had to change my machine and went with an HP Omen, on which I installed Mint 18.1 as well.

Serpent in the Staglands first runs in a (tiny) windowed mode. When I pass the mouse over the window the game mouse cursor appears but doesn't move. By switching to an US keyboard I managed to pass the intial screen asking for updates. The main menu seems to behave fine but when I launch the game, again, impossible to interact with the initial choices at the beginning.

Switching to full screen in the main menu doesn't hep. When starting a new game in this case the screen remains black.

I searched briefly on the web for this issue but I couldn't find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Linux Mint 18.1 64 bit, 4.4.0-53-generic kernel
Intel i5-7300HQ
8 Gb Ram
Graphic card : Nvidia Geforce 1050

Thanks!
Hello poissonradieux,

Try running the following command in terminal window:

export LC_ALL=C

Then start the game using the same terminal.

If that won't help, please contact our support: https://support.gog.com and make sure to include your system report (it can be generated using the script you will find in the game's installation path).