It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi guys!
Does anybody knows if I can play in this game on xbox gamepad? And if so, is that possible then to simply configure it in game settings?

I'd appreciate a quick response!
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Please try Xpadder or JoyToKey . Also you will see some similar threads in forum :)
Thanks a lot! I really aprreciate your help :)
You CANNOT get a gamepad to work on this game without considerable trial and error.

Time was that GOG cared about the gamer and would make sure everything just worked for users. Now though they just throw it together, slap a price on and stick it out for sale.

I just got a reply from Support which says LESS than the forum replies here. In fact it can be summed up as "We have your money, go find your own solution.".

This was the last game I will buy from GOG. If I cannot trust the product and I cannot get any Support then it makes no sense at all to purchase or otherwise support your company.

You used to be better than this. Pity now all you see is the $$$$$$$$.
@Markr which error are you speaking about ? Nothing wrong about this release . If tell your problem , maybe we can find a solution but errorzzz are not describe your problem .
Time was that someone in GOG would have thought "Hey, people will want to use a 360 controller with this game. We should make that a default so it Just Works for them"

But then that person just started seeing $$ signs. "Why should we spend our time making the controller work? If people want to play let them work it out" and they just sent the game out.

This game should work by default with zero configuration from the user. It does not.
Markr: Time was that someone in GOG would have thought "Hey, people will want to use a 360 controller with this game. We should make that a default so it Just Works for them"

But then that person just started seeing $$ signs. "Why should we spend our time making the controller work? If people want to play let them work it out" and they just sent the game out.

This game should work by default with zero configuration from the user. It does not.
Consider this thread: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_silver_case

In addition, if this is bothering you, post in that thread or write to GOG about your disappointment. Or stop purchasing GOG games.

Personally I think that some configuration is inevitable on some machines, since (as TET said in that thread) all the different hardware and software configurations (trillions of them) may have conflicts or lead to problems at some point.
This is not work with default xbox360 gamepad because it's a DOSBox game and it needs a little trick . Not need to whining .
Kyonhism: This is not work with default xbox360 gamepad because it's a DOSBox game and it needs a little trick . Not need to whining .
Post this trick please. For a dumb version :-)
I posted it already in my first post :)
Post edited March 12, 2013 by Kyonhism
Markr: You CANNOT get a gamepad to work on this game without considerable trial and error.

Time was that GOG cared about the gamer and would make sure everything just worked for users. Now though they just throw it together, slap a price on and stick it out for sale.

I just got a reply from Support which says LESS than the forum replies here. In fact it can be summed up as "We have your money, go find your own solution.".

This was the last game I will buy from GOG. If I cannot trust the product and I cannot get any Support then it makes no sense at all to purchase or otherwise support your company.

You used to be better than this. Pity now all you see is the $$$$$$$$.
get the SWOS PC Total pack from here (http://www.sensiblesoccer.de/amigatotalpack/pc/pc_swostp_v1.5_setup.exe) and use your version of SWOS to copy the lovely intro video and cutscene (club chairmen) stuff to the respective SWOS Total Pack directory

yes, the XBOX pad works fine

Out of the box SWOS under DosBox is single player only (unless you want to try your luck with the keyboard) - with the Total Pack it is even more of a lovely masterpiece than it was already.

To get round this problem for the GOG version you might want to have a look directly at http://playaveli.swos-united.org/swospp-1.4.zip - SWOS++ is an unofficial patch for the English (!!!) version of SWOS. Quite simply unpack the files to your SWOS++ directoy, and rename English.exe SWS.exe. Now run DosBox, go to your SWOS directory, run patchit.com and after the patching has been successful rename SWS.exe back to English.exe. Now you can play SWOS with 2 USB joysticks/gamepads. Simply calibrate them via the menu item SWOS++ in the game.

(When SWOS starts, press return when it says that this version of Windows is apparently not supported.)

Should SWOS still not work with your joystick/joypad configuration, run a separate copy of DosBox and see whether it recognises your joystick/joypad configuration at all.
Post edited May 17, 2014 by patricklibuda