It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Guys, really!? First I cant start the damn thing because this Galaxy.dll IS there, now I cant patch because it aint? What is the story with this galaxy thing anyway, are you fellas gonna start pushing it on folks as a must have item in order to play GOG games?
Dark_Art: Guys, really!? First I cant start the damn thing because this Galaxy.dll IS there, now I cant patch because it aint? What is the story with this galaxy thing anyway, are you fellas gonna start pushing it on folks as a must have item in order to play GOG games?
May I ask what installer version you have? You probably have an older one before we fixed this exact problem :)

In any case, there is a new patch in your account that should fix this exact issue while updating your game to version 1.04.02 :) Please let us know if everything works :)
Dark_Art: Guys, really!? First I cant start the damn thing because this Galaxy.dll IS there, now I cant patch because it aint? What is the story with this galaxy thing anyway, are you fellas gonna start pushing it on folks as a must have item in order to play GOG games?
JudasIscariot: May I ask what installer version you have? You probably have an older one before we fixed this exact problem :)

In any case, there is a new patch in your account that should fix this exact issue while updating your game to version 1.04.02 :) Please let us know if everything works :)
Hi JudasIscariot. I got the patch earlier today from GOG and its patch_satellite_reign_2.2.0.5.exe. Just got another one, just like you've suggested and voila! "This patch does not support your version of the game, please download a new installer". Guys, I get it, you are trying, but please do some more testing before releasing patches. From the changelog of the patch it seems like a rather minor one, why "download a new installer"?
JudasIscariot: May I ask what installer version you have? You probably have an older one before we fixed this exact problem :)

Dark_Art: Hi JudasIscariot. I got the patch earlier today from GOG and its patch_satellite_reign_2.2.0.5.exe. Just got another one, just like you've suggested and voila! "This patch does not support your version of the game, please download a new installer". Guys, I get it, you are trying, but please do some more testing before releasing patches. From the changelog of the patch it seems like a rather minor one, why "download a new installer"?
I had a similar issue with a recent game. Have you had Galaxy installed from it's early version in the past? Residual files from that were the reason I couldn't even run my game, so I needed to reinstall Galaxy, then remove it and everything worked afterwards.

Dark_Art: Hi JudasIscariot. I got the patch earlier today from GOG and its patch_satellite_reign_2.2.0.5.exe. Just got another one, just like you've suggested and voila! "This patch does not support your version of the game, please download a new installer". Guys, I get it, you are trying, but please do some more testing before releasing patches. From the changelog of the patch it seems like a rather minor one, why "download a new installer"?
Can you tell me what installer version you have now? Not the patch but the actual setup file.

Also, we uploaded a much newer patch than what you stated above: patch_satellite_reign_2.2.1.6.exe. We updated the patch a bit after you downloaded the previous one.
JudasIscariot: Can you tell me what installer version you have now? Not the patch but the actual setup file.

Also, we uploaded a much newer patch than what you stated above: patch_satellite_reign_2.2.1.6.exe. We updated the patch a bit after you downloaded the previous one.
My bad, misunderstood your request. version of the exe 5.1.2.18539. Current version of the game is 1.04 CL:12241. Hope that helps.
JudasIscariot: Can you tell me what installer version you have now? Not the patch but the actual setup file.

Dark_Art: My bad, misunderstood your request. version of the exe 5.1.2.18539. Current version of the game is 1.04 CL:12241. Hope that helps.
I meant the actual installer. Our installers usually have "satellite_reign_bunchofnumers.exe" in the file name. I wasn't referring to the version of the actual game this time :)
Dark_Art: My bad, misunderstood your request. version of the exe 5.1.2.18539. Current version of the game is 1.04 CL:12241. Hope that helps.
JudasIscariot: I meant the actual installer. Our installers usually have "satellite_reign_bunchofnumers.exe" in the file name. I wasn't referring to the version of the actual game this time :)
Dang... Beats me.. Can you please tell me where can I find this info? I didnt save the installer I used to install the game itself.
Hi,

Which version did you use - I used both the current installers (1.04 plus Update - as well as 1.02 before that) and things work(ed) - apart from that even with 1.02 I never encountered your kind of problems.

Alright I did not play around with Galaxy. I do not see the point. I grudgingly use Steam, Origin, and Uplay when I have to but I hardly see the any reason for tying myself to another such platform.

In any case it might be a good idea to keep the original 1.02 installer as a download option and place to patch from onwards.

Cheers
Patrick

(P.S.: I have so far avoided Galaxy like the plague because I like to change configuration stuff myself (e.g. DOSBox config - OpenGL and hardware midi support)
Post edited September 17, 2015 by patricklibuda
Looks that way... Sigh, I really didnt want to reinstall and start a new game. Oh well, serves me right for buying something as fresh of a game. Oh well. At least I've learned to stay away from that galaxy thing as far as humanly possible.