It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

I recently installed RCT2 Triple Thrill Pack on my Windows 8.1 machine.
Couldn't start it at all due to it throwing a 0xc0000022 error message.
I tried running as admin and in all sorts of compatability modes, nothing worked.

Decided to run ProcMon (program that logs what files are accessed) and noticed it tried to run C:\Windows\Syswow64\dxplay.dll, but responded with Access Denied.
Gave my admin account full access to it, but then when trying to run the game, I got another error.
Something about missing a line of code in the dxplay.dll.

I also installed all sorts of DirectX runtimes without any success.

SOLUTION:
Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows Features on or off -> Checkmark the Legacy Components (DirectPlay).

This finally allowed me to run RCT2 on Windows 8.1.
Hope this can solve other peoples problems aswell.
Sublett: SOLUTION:
Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows Features on or off -> Checkmark the Legacy Components (DirectPlay).

This finally allowed me to run RCT2 on Windows 8.1.
Hope this can solve other peoples problems aswell.
You were right about this, it did work. A small draw back was that my mouse didn't work right for a moment but it still works.
I want to try this, but when I go to the "Turn Windows Features On and Off" there is nothing listed at all in the box. Is there something else I need to do in order for that option to come up?

EDIT: I solved this by having to turn on Windows Module Installer Service before I was able to turn on Direct Play in the Legacy Components.
Post edited July 21, 2014 by magicwill25
Just want to chime in that this is what fixed RollerCoaster Tycoon: Deluxe for me on Windows 10 Creators Update. My SO will be very happy now. Thank you.
Thank you, that is what fixed it as well, with Windows 10 Creator's update. Thanks again!
Turn Windows Features On or Off just hangs on the "Please wait" message for me, and the only fix I could find on the Internet is to install some tool that only has versions for Windows 7 and Vista.

UPDATE: I found a command line alternative, but when I try that it just spits out the image version and then sits there.
Post edited July 23, 2017 by stevethepocket
OK, well, it looks like a recent Windows update must have fixed the bug I was having, because the Turn Windows Features On or Off tool worked fine when I tried it again yesterday. Also, when I tried installing on a second machine, it triggered a popup saying DirectPlay needed to be installed and asking if I'd like to do that now. I don't know if that's new, or what, but it's a thing and it works.